View Single Post
Old 08-08-2006, 05:11 PM   #5
carvinC980t_kid
Eskimo Regular

Location: noblesville indiana, aka people with too much money producing ignorant children

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpman
Yeah, I've seen him do it for volcano quite a bit, I've seen him hit the A and D with it too, I suppose it's just a case of imagination and persistence isn't it... most bassists won't do anything unless they've seen flea do it first.
his bass must be slightly modified or he is doing certian things like holding down the low E and the D string if he is playing the A, but he is still muting it. the only time i've seen him play the A or D string was when he was playing more then one string at once.

#ian#
i use to use an ebow too back when i played bass in a progressive metal band. but mine was stolen when we were playing a gig i've been trying to find the right guitar, an ibanez fixed bridge rg with a wizard II neck, for a decent price used and then i'm going to make it fretless and put a sustainer pickup in. i'm just having trouble finding the guitar i want, because they aren't popular, because no one wants a nice ibanez rg with a fixed bridge. but then i gotta do things like cutom nut work and bridge work and all that good stuff.
carvinC980t_kid is offline   Reply With Quote