View Single Post
Old 07-22-2004, 01:22 PM   #10
administrator
forum administrator

she's still having problems...

-------------

No luck as of yet. I have had numerous chats with Earthlink Support People. It takes a while to get to a person who knows what they are talking about. So far I have: updated Microsoft and IE, reset my websettings, renamed host files to host.old, reset IP settings, changed access numbers, changed DNS numbers, cleared cache and cookies and temp. int. files. I have another browser, Mozilla Firefox, and the page is showing up the same way with the jiverecords thingy. I downloaded the spybot thing, and I have been running scans, everynow and then it will find something and fix it, but it isn't helping me with the site issue. I also run virus scans with AVG, and Norton everyday. It has found a few viruses and healed them, but the page is still having problems.

New Issue: I can't get to livejournal.com, so now it's 2 pages that my computer can't reach. I have talked to 6 Earthlink Support people in total over just these 2 problems. And each person I talk to seems more unintelligent than the last. I finally got my problem escalated to a Engineer,( I guess they are higher up on the totem pole) after talking to someone for 2 hours. The Engineer is supposed to give me a call sometime soon. In the mean time, I plan to talk to more service members. Each time I tell them what I have done so they don't give me a solution that I know does not work. Hopefully something will work. I am feeling way igloo deprived.

Thanks for all the help and support!

administrator is offline   Reply With Quote