View Single Post
Old 11-20-2014, 11:50 AM   #60
dawno
just mildly free

Quote:
Originally Posted by signalfire View Post
I think it may skew young due to the omnipresence of social media with younger people. Probably a lot of young entries. I did see some older fans at the Rufus Wainwright show I went to, so I don't think they do it deliberately.
I've no doubt that there are more entries from younger people, which obviously increases the number of winners in that age group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lys View Post
Ha, I know exactly who those people were And yeah I also think it is random.
I find it difficult to believe it's random because among my friends, all of us over the age of 35, only one of us has been chosen for a show, and that was for Squeeze - not exactly a band that the younger generation would be dying to see.

I've entered for perhaps 10 shows, friends of mine enter all of them, yet our success rate is very poor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lys View Post
Also, I do recall someone that didn't get RW tickets, show up early at the venue and become someone's +1...so you can always try!
They usually put people on the guest list with a +1 and they sometimes show up alone, cant hurt to ask people in the queue!
I'll be happy to do that, if someone would be kind enough to pm the venue information.
dawno is offline   Reply With Quote