View Single Post
Old 10-03-2003, 02:32 AM   #4
Professor
Eskimo Baby

I just returned from the 10/01 Portland show...the show was brilliant as expected! I arrived early since I had never been the Aladdin Theater before. I drove through the ally behind the theater where the tour bus was parked and saw Damien walking toward the door carrying his guitar. I parked my car about a block away and walked back to the ally hoping for another glimpse of Damien. SURPRISE! He was sitting on the curb in front of the tour bus eating some teriyaki! I asked if he had ever heard Gary Lightbody from "Snow Patrol" doing his version of "The Blowers Daughter" and he said he had not but would like to hear it. I had it on my iPod so Damien listened to it and then ran into the theater to get his Apple Powerbook. He tried for about 10 minutes to upload the song from my iPod onto his computer but wasn't able to get it to work. I told him I would email it to him. We chatted for about 20 minutes about shows...music...computers etc. He even mentioned "EskimoFriends.com" While we were sitting on the curb...Vyvienne, Shane, and Tomo all walked by milling about. Damien was so appoachable and down to earth.
Meeting Damien one on one...seeing an amazing show....I have to say this was one of the best concert experiences I've had in my life. I'm now looking forward to the November show in San Francisco at the Filmore. Edited by: Professor
Professor is offline   Reply With Quote