Thread: Boston 5/22
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 06:09 AM   #30
palescales
Eskimo Baby

i must say this show KILLED the previous one in Boston by leaps and bounds. i thought this was one of the rudest audiences i've ever seen at a damien rice show. tons of whistling, yelling out gaytarded crap while damien was speaking, and people getting up to get drinks when they heard the first notes of a song they didn't know. it was, however, one of the coolest and most lavishly appointed concert venues i've ever been to. the sound was spot on perfect and the cannonball with no mic was just perfect. he kept the jams short and seemed like he knew when to end a song at the right moment instead of letting it go on and on.

i thought the guitarist looked a little bit at sea on stage. a few times he was looking over at damien to make sure he was on the same page. i imagine it's not easy to step in and play with a band that has been together for years and fit right in. either way it was a great show. too bad i had 15 people calling me to tell me that the celtics got screwed in the lottery. i thought my mom had died or something important.

edit: he very distinctly said "i'll see you guys in september" when he walked off the stage. another tour perhaps?
palescales is offline   Reply With Quote