View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 07:10 PM   #18
Max
Eskimå

Default Did anyone else catch Glen, Marketa & Damo at McCabe's the other night?

My wife and I caught The Swell Season at McCabe's the other night (Our fifth show in 14 months and probably the best one) and lo and behold Damo was there too. It's strange how often we've seen Glen and Damo here in LA in the last few years - it seems like they practically live here.

What an amazing show. They were in the best mood EVER. Talked about how much they're starting to like LA (despite all negative stereotypes). McCabe's is an old small shop that holds less than 200 people. We were let in a few minutes after 11pm and the show ended around 1:30am. Here is the setlist - although from memory and probably a bit scrambled:

This Low
Sleeping
Drown Out
If You Want Me
Falling Slowly
Lies
??? (some song was played here - hmm can't remember)
When Your Mind's Made Up
What Happens When the Heart Just Stops
Fogtown (Michelle Shocked)
Seven Day Mile (with audience whistle)
Star Star
You Ain't Goin' Nowhere (Dylan - with Audience member on Harmonica)
Once

I'm missing some songs here - can't remember. Oh, did I mention that Damo played Delicate - which was an amazing coincident because before Friday I hadn't really listened to Damo for a few months, but on Friday we went up to Big Bear for a nice day of skiing and that night we stopped at the Starbucks up there to grab a couple of coffee's for the road - and they were playing Delicate over the sound system. I got back in the car and immediately put on Delicate. The following night we got the live version - are you kidding me. When we were standing outside McCabe's and saw Damo plus entourage I thought he might make an appearance - but Delicate would have been my number one choice that night. Oh man, I'm rambling... and I got to go. Sucks that I won't be able to make the show tomorrow night.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote