View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 07:00 PM   #44
davidcotyalex
Eskimo Regular

all good and fair enough on the all encompassing......and I am sure Cannes and Hollywood mean much more to you than to me or say Rai - from where I sit I just have a fair amount of contempt toward so much of the bs that goes on (which I am sure you can acknowledge) and also feel it flows into the hierarchy of the music biz and the pretentiousness and bs necessary to be "successful" - so it does boil my blood so apologies as well for getting heated (awww you see I can be a good eskimo!)

now as for ford - we jokingly refer to family ford - while I do have a fair amount of british blood in me you can rest assured there is no common lineage lol! In fact some will recall it was through this very forum that I was provided conviction to go see him on a random saturday night that I was stuck solo in london (rough I know)........and in standard practice dove in head over heels after hearing the first cuts off songs for the road

that was bloomsbury 2009.........as someone with a modicum of success in the hotel biz I have been able to throw the boys a bone when they come to the states - it is partially for this that they tend to do repeat visits up and down the east coast (mainly though because he knows he can sell the places out as opposed to gigs he has performed to two bartenders in south carolina.......) - anyhoo he and wibbs (his manager) have just become good friends over the past couple years - they keep getting invited back for sessions at sun studios and dallas is an easy shot from there - so we went for it last year and threw the big house gig never to think that a year later they would get flown across the pond to play a wedding in oklahoma city.........go figure

I do think he has a healthy attitude though so would encourage you to check him out....maybe we can meet up for the next nyc gig

Last edited by davidcotyalex; 05-25-2012 at 09:50 PM.
davidcotyalex is offline   Reply With Quote