View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 10:45 AM   #6
Rai
Eskimontologist

Am I the only one who feels this to be a wee bit disjointed? The first half says practically nothing, then it introduces that dirt-poor people seem happier (should everyone bee a Burmese refugee with a stick hut, pooping in the forest?), then jump to a suggestion of trying to measure a country's wealth in a subjective way because the objective method doesn't care if it's war or peace then there is thins thing about women's being "nurturing and patient", as if you could pigeonhole genders but forgets about it, then goes on an an eco-rant that is very hippie but has good and stupid things in an equal measure.

And no, genetically modified products do not "damage our natural habitat and poison people". That's a lie. Everything we eat is genetically modified. Chickens, grain, wheat, corn, everything. The only difference is that what we had to do over thousands of years before, we can achieve in a lab just in a few years.

Musicians should stay away from politics and stick to what they are good at.

"If you find you've got a dragon charging at you at thirty miles per hour snapping its teeth you can always drive it defensively through the covers"
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote