View Single Post
Old 03-03-2004, 11:51 AM   #16
Funky Avocado
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Avocado
I actually prefer a warm crispy soundboard but it all depends on the listener. Some like to hear the energy from the crowd while others like to listen to subtle nuances of what a guitarist was playing that night for instance.
I think what you're missing is that these won't be warm and crispy. They won't be mastered beyond a very very limited level. They won't sound like a live concert release, which takes months and months of production work. It'll just sound like a concert in a completely empty room.
I have no experience with what clearchannel is kicking out after a show but if it's just a patch out from the board I have plenty of Healy and Betty boards from the Dead over the years that sounds absolutely amazing without any mastering. But a lot of that I suspect was due to the fact Mr. Healy was da man!
I love audience as well. The oade brothers have over the years recorded some of the finest shows my ears have had the priviledge to hear. I love talking to those guys when I am interested in new equipment as they know their stuff!
Personally, I think the bands should leave the live taping except maybe a release here or there to the fans. It fosters a cool fair trading network with the idea of one person sharing music with another freely. I love the sense of community that develops as it almost takes on as a entity of itself. Good stuff.
Funky Avocado is offline   Reply With Quote