View Single Post
Old 03-16-2005, 07:51 AM   #6
anilla_bis
Eskimo Baby

Talking i was there.

The frames at the great american music hall—3/14/05

I knew it was going to be a great night—I just felt it.
Mark went on and played a fantastic set. He was his usual self: funny, witty, and sweet. I made Rob yell out for christmas biscuits, one of my faves, and he very nicely obliged. He played it as the encore.

The crowd were quite loud, unfortunately, and he kept saying “go hit them, don’t just shush them”. It was funny.

The frames went on and opened with a caution to the birds. Really amazing, I just think that song it outstanding. As the evening went on, glen and joe seemed to get into a better and better mood. It was nice to see. The show was sold out—a first for the frames in san francisco. They were pleased. The set was great, beautifully balanced. Good new stuff, good old stuff. Just right. I don’t remember the order, but in addition to a caution to the birds, they played: finally, happy, keepsake, dream awake, sideways down, your face, what happens…, lay me down, friends and foe (!!!), star star, revelate, pavement tune, red chord, and the irish national anthem!

It was a great night, you could just tell they were extremely pleased with the turn out. And……….. best part of the night was that colm was there!!

just flew in today. We got SOOOO lucky. I was just over the moon. Perfect gig, if I’ve been to one.

After the show we got to say hi to glen and joe which was nice. They just appeared to be having a great time. We also talked to mark who was, as always, just a sweetheart.

All in all, it was an amazing evening. And I’m so happy I went!

God bless mom—for watching the toddler!!!

anilla_bis is offline   Reply With Quote