Thread: "Enhancers"
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 11:11 PM   #18
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Ian#
Becasue to me it's a cop out. Alcohol is a drug, caffeine is a drug, nicotine is a drug, just because THE MAN says it's ok to do them and gets some tax revenue out of it doesn't make them any better or worse then illegal drugs. Can you honestly give me a reason that rings true why weed is illegal and booze isn't?
no. it's ridiculous when you think that no one has ever od'ed from weed or hash (ever) yet people can (and do) die from alcohol poisoning quite easily and yet it's legal and socially acceptable (and big business as well) and hemp has so many medicinal and environmental benefits yet because it was demonized and made illegal it's use became controversial... ffs more people od on aspirin in a year than have ever had any harmful effects from marijuana...

i agree with what revelate said about control being the key... where i live meth thrives and i've seen many lives destroyed by it, but really in the end that lies with the individual... there can be a biological component or predisposition to addiction but in the end it's a matter of choice and control. in my mind drug use is an individual and consentual adult issue and should not be controlled by government or societal expectations of upright behavior (pfft to the moral majority)
SisterMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote