View Single Post
Old 10-08-2006, 01:54 PM   #92
Bumpman

You picked up on what I said wrong, I meant that the people who don't do anything are the basement people. Also, Dungeons and Dragons isn't a videogame, it's a boardgame. In any case, let's not get into trying to weigh the level of intelligence and capacity for reason between groups of people that probably number into the billions. It's a moot point. I too know plenty of highly aware people who abuse any number of substances, but their level of responsibility in their daily lives has no bearing on the fact that marijuana is a Group A carcinogenic, which means that it's a direct cause of cancer.

In reality what you're talking about extends to your definition of responsibility, whether you think that people have a duty to themselves to preserve their quality of life, or alternatively that they would be within the bounds of responsibility to ingest carcinogenics. Take this into consideration though;
Quote:
Carcinogens may cause cancer by altering cellular metabolism or damaging DNA directly in cells, which interferes with normal biological processes.
You see, it's not just you who pays, it's your children, and their children. If you mentioned that to your responsible friends, would they believe you?