Thread: Boston Show
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 01:36 PM   #154
mario_d
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveydave
Hi All,

Sorry for the lack of information & delay.

I wanted you all to have this information.

Is there anyone who would be willing to work on some short sections of the show that need a really professional hiss reduction program. I'm a very good mastering amateur, but do we have any professionals in on this site that may be able to take a couple of sections to a real studio? This would be put into a second remastered release. Not for what I plan to release on Monday.

I wrote this a short time ago to very supportive Eskimo Friend & would love to know if this will satisfy everyone???

Hey,

Good to hear from you. My problem is that I'm too much of a perfectionist. I have a few spots where the mics rubbed together and I'm trying to take away some background hiss produced by the recorder. You can hear it on soft songs because the audio level in the venue was so low compared to the amount of noise the recorder makes.

I think I'm going to handle this in the following manner:
a.) Release this version that I have that is 98% to perfection. Some small flaws, but not a distraction to even most picky listeners.

b.) Take my time on a second release that will be remastered over a couple of months with all the professional tools, bells and whistles. Hey, I've never seen a rule where you can't have a remaster down the line ;-).

It's just not worth worrying about the small little problems that I can hear that very few people will even notice. Like I said, I'm a bit of a perfectionist. That's my biggest problem.

Thus, I'll package the whole thing together tonight and tomorrow as is, and upload it.

Dave

If you want to send me the masters, I could work with it.
mario_d is offline   Reply With Quote