View Single Post
Old 07-18-2016, 05:22 PM   #44
glo32
Eskimo Regular

ahah, those "rock god" versions!

I enjoyed the gig, although not the best I've seen. Something was a bit off, not sure if it was the audience or maybe the venue (we were very far from the stage) - anyway Damien's mood was great, he was very chatty and told some stories, and then he interacted a lot with the audience.
He played Rat and Insane out of requests, then we were all asking for rare songs like Mustard Seeds and Stoic and he said something like "I have a feeling there are 5 or 6 people that know all the strange songs, and they all seated in different areas of the venues just to disguise me". Anyway with one of those "real rare songs" it would have been a great setlist.

I'm very tired of Delicate, TBD and Cannonball, by the way. At the point that I really get bored during them. I think he should maybe switch things around, trying not to play them too often now, or maybe try a piano version from time to time? Would love to hear Delicate on piano, or TBD on electric guitar.

It takes a lot was the highlight of the night for me, along with Insane of course.

I didn't stay for the aftershow and I also had to run away after the gig. I lost Marti, Verena and everyone else and didn't even say goodbye, sorry guys!
But I'm you got to enjoy the aftershow.

By the way - I did love the Volcano version, very different from every other version he ever did. A bit closer to Long Long Way, somehow.
It needs to be practised but overall a good version. Not sure about Gyda's voice anyway, it was too low and didn't really fit with Damien's.

Marti - do we have a video of Volcano, anyway?
glo32 is offline   Reply With Quote