View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 06:37 PM   #54
Valentino
Eskimo Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by borneoman View Post
so for those who watched the movie... is Damien's song played at a key moment? played in full? how does the studio version sound like? does it also have a girl part? same girl from the live performance? is it guitar only? does it have cello/Vyv parts??? details!!!

and J, you said you met him afterwards??? details!!!!!!!! what did he say???

and thanks for the vid Fighttgfight!!!
* Yes, the song is played at a key moment and it's actually a studio version we heard. It's so beautiful, full of Gregorian Monk-like vocals in the beginning with a full band backing him up. And what's great is that even though there are two other composers who contributed music to this movie (Thom Yorke & Philip Glass), as soon as the song came on I knew right then that it was Damien.

* The song is not played in full but what happens is you hear the intro bars, intro verse, and then it goes into an instrumental as the people in the movie are talking. But I do believe it is played in full during the credits. As my girlfriend and I were leaving I saw Damo in the audience. It was cool to see that he actually stuck around instead of just leaving after he performed.

* I didn't hear the girl part in the studio version because I was focusing on other things at the moment (like making sure everyone in our group met up together afterwards). Also, it's tough to tell who performed the string accompaniment on the studio version but yes, the studio version is different from the live version since there's a full band and a really cool intro.

* The girl's name is Julia. I know it can sound like Juliet in the video but I truly think it's Julia.

* When I met him after the film, I immediately went up to him and shook his hand as he was seated. I then said what I wanted to say about how much he means to me and how much I love his music. He kept saying "Thank you" whenever I complimented him and was completely humble throughout the entire experience. I didn't ask him any questions about the tour or album cuz I was so absolutely star-struck ; )

It was such a great experience and the movie definitely opened my eyes to what's going on with the ruthless Chinese oppression over Tibet. Check it out if you get a chance. And yes, thank you to Fighttgfight for posting the video we have on here. The first video that Marti linked to is a nice view but the sound in the second one is much better.

Last edited by Valentino; 02-09-2010 at 08:13 PM.
Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote