Thread: Goldfish Memory
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2007, 08:13 AM   #1
Valentino
Eskimo Enthusiast

Question Goldfish Memory

Alright, I'll admit it. The only reason I saw this movie (Goldfish Memory) was because both Damien and Lisa were on the soundtrack. And yes, "Cold Water" and other songs like "Desafinado" were played throughout the movie but overall I thought it was a utter waste of time. But I'm not here to bash on the movie, I just wanted to see if anyone else had seen it and what they thought about it. By the way, I really don't think Damien's music should have been used at all cuz it was really out of place. One particular scene (spoiler alert!) was when one of the actresses came back to her apartment after breaking up with her girlfriend only to find her pet goldfish had died and was floating in his water bowl. Then a few seconds later you hear that familiar voice singing "Cold, cold water....surrounds me now..." Not cool at all, but it was kinda ironic I guess, in a weird-twisted-thinking death is funny-(which I don't)-kind of way. If you want to see the movie for the main reason I did (which was because Damien did a lot of the soundtrack) then go for it but I was fortunate to have rented it for free, lucky me. 2 out of 5.

By the way, the use of Damien's music was much better in the movie "Closer." This is also where a lot of people first heard Damien and the movie wasn't that bad anyway. Peace.
Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote