Thread: Boston 5/22
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 01:42 PM   #9
daveydave
Eskimo Regular

Bring your cameras. There were no pat downs when I was there last. However, I'd still put it in a safe place ;-) Once the performance starts, the worst that can happen is that they ask you to put them away, which, is ridiculous because once the show starts, 40 people will be pulling them out in the first 10 rows. That was the experience with the Orpheum in December & another show I saw at the Opera House last year.

Imagine if security wasn't paying attention to crowd control and someone got hurt because they were telling everyone to put their cameras and cell phones away.

Just do no use a flash. There is no need if your use stage and or the lighting that the show offers. Pictures taken from the dark with a flash come out terrible. Plus, flash is kind of disrespectful of the artist.

dave

Go for a high speed / no flash setting. Even if you are hesitant, just keep the camera low, pic your spots and take them from chest level if you are up close. You can always crop out heads later. The rule of thumb is to treat it like highway driving...Don't do anything stupid, just follow what everyone else is getting away with and you won't get pulled over / out.

Plus, being close to the stage, you should have no problem with lighting. Even if you have an SLR lense and keep it low, you should be ok. No security guard is going to trample down into your aisle and pull you out. Maybe if you were on the end (possibly). Just keep them down, close to the chest and use the lighting they have.

Corey,

Do you know who's opening? Anyone
daveydave is offline   Reply With Quote