View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 05:45 PM   #205
Samart
Nothing unusual...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amie R. View Post
I don't take this jokes seriously. I am used to this kind of humor actually and I made a even worse joke giving him a "bad hair day" hat. I don't really think he was being rude or anything like that...it's just his spirit. He is not supposed to be perfect. And he actually paid us very good attention and was shaking hands and saying "thank you for coming" and talking to everyone who came to him after the sessions.I have absolutely nothing to complain about. I believe it might be a bit scary for some artists to see people coming all over the world to meet them. I was many times trying to put myself on his situation so I wouldn't cross the line,if you know what I mean. He doesn't like to take pics or give autographs but as one sweet 10 years old (or something) asked him for his autograph he said" I don't do autographs but I can draw your face if you let me to"... and while she was standing he did drawn her face on the paper...I thought it was lovely and even better than an autograph...
Agree 100% with dear Eskimo Karla. He is not some kind of Madonna like star who you can't even get close because of bodygards. He is not selling himself.
I prefer an artist answering me : Oh, you're a stalker. and smile/laughed because he is genuinely surprised, that an artist saying : "OOh, Thank you SOO MUCH", but that in fact he/she don't care at all and forget it 10 seconds after.

We all know differents types of persons right ? With these guys, you will talk more freely, with this one, you don't talk dirty jokes, with this one, you don't make fun of religions, etc. If I have the chance to talk with Damien before/after a show and tell him I drove 1000 miles to see his gig and he reply : "Woaw, you're a crazy stalker.", I will just laugh and say : "Ah, ah. Yeah. Beware : I know where you sleep tonight" . To him, it's just a crazy thing to do, and he just said it. The "Have you seen the doctor recently ?" is quite funny and was very Damo-ish too.

Kind of "déja vu" in what I could have writen, but at least, his "fans" should know (at a certain level) "who" they are talking to, as they are supposed to be more aware of his personality than non-fans.

Much more than this. That seemed a very great moment to live there in the cold Iceland.
Thank you all for the time taken for the pictures share, and video uploads.
Wish a 3rd great album very soon.

Last edited by Samart; 11-09-2009 at 05:47 PM.
Samart is offline   Reply With Quote