View Single Post
Old 11-05-2014, 10:26 PM   #174
tessalasset
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by glo32 View Post
rolled up. But the package is packed so awfully... it's a giant box and because of the different nature of what's inside - cd, vinyl, poster - everything is just thrown there and gets beaten and bumped all the time while travelling. So basicaly don't expect to have a brand new litho... I ordered two and they both came folded and bent everywhere.
Nothing super special though, just a regular poster with the album artwork on a white background. They could do better. The four cards that come with the vinyl are far better if you want to hang something on the wall.
Wow, that's disappointing. I worked with an artist last year who also pre-sold box sets filled with many different sized and weighted items, and we rolled up the posters in a tube and placed them in the box with the other items and put enough padding in there to keep everything in place. Spent a bit more on packaging but it was totally worth it. That's really too bad. I wonder if US mailing will be any different. Especially since my box will probably just be shipping across town if they're being mailed out of Warner Brothers offices. Altho they probably have a fulfillment center for this.
tessalasset is offline   Reply With Quote