View Single Post
Old 07-17-2015, 04:56 PM   #27
verenita
... trusty and true ...

i was lucky enough to go to the gigs in dublin, cork and galway and i have to say that the concert in cork is on top! i agree with the fact that he played a better set list in dublin but i felt the songs he played in both places (like i remember, woman like a man, 9 crimes, italtkam, for example) were much more intense and full of energy in cork than in dublin... maybe it was only me

i loved trusty and true and it really hit me... i started crying like a baby, lol (the song has been particularly significant for me lately) and i found it extremely powerful... as it was italtkam... that was mind explotion. how deep he was into it... his body language, so so intense. it really transported me. it was a perfect ending before a perfect encore... standing on a chair, with the cuttest excuse "i´m not extraordinay tall", lol

it seemed that he never wanted to leave. he looked so happily overwhelmed (like the photo from carole proofs it -thanks claude for posting ) that he even threw a kiss to the audience. i don´t think he´d even done that before, although i could be wrong.

a few minutes before the concert started, i was thinking to myself a bit concern: what if get use to his gigs or to his performances?". i´ve only seen him live a couple of times before but with the space of years, so i got worried... but from the moment he started playing i knew it would be impossible to get use to (fortunately!)... the energy, the intensity and the magic is all new in every gig (and i´m saying that after being at the concert in galway)... and i was mesmerized all over again

having seen emmett and wheels at the end was a real treat too! also, having sharing the experience with such lovely eskimo friends! thank you for staying with me while i had to kill some time despite you all were worn out

thanks for all the vids, marti. i will re-live the moment endlessly now

Last edited by verenita; 07-18-2015 at 12:20 PM.
verenita is offline   Reply With Quote