View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 10:29 PM   #27
radiohead33
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by glo32 View Post
radiohead33, you're talking like you know what happened between them.
i don't want to talk about this too much, as these things are personal and should stay between damien and lisa (I wish they didn't bring it to newspapers in the first place) but if you're so sure of the things you're saying, I think you should go and read that hotpress interview again. Damien never said he hated her or anything like that. They used to fight a lot (and if you ever broke up with a girlfriend and tried to stay friends then you know it's not always easy) and that last time in Munich, they had a fight and Damien "lost his mind" and fired her. He probably regretted it a minute later, and THAT'S why it still haunts him (if it still 'haunts' him, of course).

Anyway, I can't believe people are taking sides on this situation. We don't know what really happened. Some people think we know what happened because of that hotpress interview, but we actually know nothing, we don't know what Damien and Lisa went through in all those years of being forced to be together, we don't know what they felt when the other one was having a new relationship, and most important, we don't really know Damien and Lisa that well, temperamentally speaking, in order to judge from a distance what has happened.
So please stop judging Damien for what he said or Lisa for getting in touch with him again and all. All this "she should never forgive him" and "i'd find it hard to forgive what he did if i was in lisas shoes" is just nonsense, you're judging the private relationship between two people you don't know.

oh course it still haunts him. the hot press interview made it very clear he would give up everything to be with lisa. thats pretty much a direct quote. you dont say that unless you have major regrets and stuff haunting you.

second, we do know what happened. it was clear from the word go after the munich show. i personally, and you can pull my posts from 2007 up, said she was fired, a few minutes before the show. this was in 2007. people were in denial, just like you are now. People didnt want to believe he fired her, so the theory espoused by others on the board, not myself, was that she left on her own, which oddly never explained why she was crying in the hallway if she left on her own volition, and why she chose 5 minutes before to quit.

i think the whole point was that what damien did was creepy. i dont think we should treat others how he treated lisa. Theres no excuse for firing someone in the manner he did.

As i said, its his bag. he chose to fire her. he chose to express his feelings to the world and say he wanted her back, and i would guess the fact he hasnt released another album since the breakup, suggests to me, that the breakup of the relationship and the fallout had major consequences on damien.

No we dont know what happened that day in Munich, you dont either, and anyone else on this board, EVERYONE else, knows nothing as well. All we know is, that damien fired lisa, she was fired 5 minutes before showtime, she was fired on the spot and without prior notice, and we know since then, damien has regretted what he did, and still loves her, and that he hasnt released an album in 5 years.

I think we can deduce enough from the situation to have our opinions and views on the issue. There were people on this board saying she got fired, in the munich show review in 2007, only to be shot down by gobs of people saying ridiculous stuff like "she left on her own, she wanted to leave, he'd never fire her"!

Your same statement applies elsewhere. We dont know damien and lisa and dont really know what happened, then why make this thread? no one here knows damien or lisa, and no one here is involved in the show planning, so its all sort of theory and conjecture right?

lastly, i find it hard to believe anyone wouldnt come away from the damien hot press interview with the feelings that, a he still loves her, and b he felt what he did was the worst thing he's done in a long time, maybe ever and that he shouldnt have fired her.

Not really seeing how this is a debateable thing.
radiohead33 is offline   Reply With Quote