View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 10:46 PM   #30
radiohead33
Eskimo Regular

and yeah i still take issue with the settle their differences idea. i dont think lisa and damien mutually agreed, and smiled, prior to the munich show that, "hey i dont really think i want you in this band anymore". Anyone who thinks it went down like that is living in lala land. Munich wasnt a happy moment for them, and it sure didnt end in smiles and hugging on their part. its silly to talk about the incident like it was some ordinary moment or something. it obviously involved crying and anger.

all im saying is, damien can do what he likes. and lisa as well. i just think, there is a more dignified, moral and ethical way to fire someone, or kick someone out of a band.

And its clear it devastated lisa. she's spoken on it, not in a lengthy manner numerous times, and you can sense her dismay about it, whenever she's interviewed and someone mentions damiens name. it hurt. it was a painful event in lisas life.

its sort of like if you have a job you like. the job fires you, without notice, and you are told in a very harsh, rude manner. and then 5 years down the line, you see the boss of that job at the grocery store, and the boss says, "how are you" and is smiling and happy, and the boss says "i'd love for you to come back and work for the company again". this isnt a perfect analogy, as there isnt any indication damien wants her back in the band, but i do think it shows the conflicted feelings one might have about the situation. you'd feel angry, bitter, upset, sad, but also maybe want to come back.
Your memories of loving the job would be overshadowed by the anger you felt at your firing without notice.

the fact you never called the boss and job back to see if they would rehire you, wasnt your fault. you were fired. it was the jobs decision to fire you.

it wasnt lisa stonewalling all these years, how could she? she was the victim here. it was damien who acted childishly, and then spent years, ruminating and came to the conclusion many of us already knew: the biggest mistake of his music career was getting rid of lisa. how could lisa have fired herself? he fired her
radiohead33 is offline   Reply With Quote