View Single Post
Old 08-10-2006, 08:02 PM   #34
dandylittledreamer
Eskimo Friend

I've been going to piano lessons for 10 years and am 'considered' quite good since I've completed a lot of exams, other people think I'm good, but I'd never call myself a musician, I think a musician has a way with music, it comes natural to them ... anyone can learn but some people just connect better with music
my older brother also plays, but he has not completed as many exams as me, but when he plays it sounds so much more musical for some reason ...
i love music more than anything, and wish i was a musician but completing exams and knowing all the theory doesnt always help
when i try make up my own work, i always think its too like something else or just not original enough, or im thinking of chord structure and other 'technical' stuff ... its almost as if the stuff i know gets in the way, it might be better if i didnt know so much, then i get frustrated, and anything i do write always sounds so strange/sad/angry
... this could just be me trying to have an excuse for not being able to write good songs tho!

Last edited by dandylittledreamer; 08-10-2006 at 08:10 PM.
dandylittledreamer is offline   Reply With Quote