View Single Post
Old 08-10-2006, 11:52 PM   #35
Yetzirah
Eskimissima

i couldn't say what's better. but i can tell you what i experienced... i took some classical guitar lessons when i was a child and i stopped after about three years and that time i never got to the stage where we would to a bit of improvising or whatever... and now i feel very insecure of trying things and i i'm very impatient if things don't work out as i'd love them to (more impatient than usual) and it's very hard for me just to sit down and play something by ear - because it's still in my mind that i would try to play it from the paper. i don't know right now i don't get over this stage and i'm craving for some company to play with because right now i think that would be the only thing that would get me going... i don't know.

the good thing about learning how to read music more or less is that it helps me a lot in singing. that means, when i have the sheet music in front of me and someone gives me the first chord i can more or less sing the simple stuff from the sheet. but i'd never say i'm really good at it because i'm too insecure there, just doing it myself... if someone would play some chords to it, though, i wouldn't be too bad... i don't know...

why did i write that now? that didn't do too much sense to the whole thing, did it?