View Single Post
Old 06-02-2007, 08:06 PM   #33
Timeé
Intello

Quote:
Originally Posted by cille
we're talking euros right? I have recently been researching digipianos and stagepianos - I ended up with a Roland RD700SX (pictured above) but it cost me around 2000 Euros, but it's worth every dKr, it's just a brilliant stage piano.
I mainly tried out digital pianos, and I did like the Roland fp7; it costs around 1600 in Denmark but it might be cheaper elsewhere. There are also cheaper models in the fp series, fp5 is supposed to be ok too.
I don't what you're looking for reg. sounds (authentic piano sounds, synth sounds..), keys (weighted, no. of keys..), but I was mainly looking for 88 weighted keys and a good grand sample sound, and that can certainly be found with the fp7. As you can see, Roland's instruments appealed to me the most, but I'm sure you can find good stuff from Yamaha or even Korg too. Casio are also making digital pianos but I didn't like the couple of pianos I tried from them, but that's not to say they can't have some descent products.
The Piano World's Piano Forums helped me a lot in deciding and comparing different dp's - and then go to a music store and try them out yourself, that's the only way to find an instrument you like in the end. For instance, Yamaha and Roland have different techniques of weighting the keys, and for some reason I didn't like the key action of even the most expensive digital Yamaha grand, whereas even the cheaper Roland models pleased me much more than any yamaha action. It all depends on what you prefer. Am looking forward to hearing what you will buy!
Thank you! Well what im looking for is a good stage piano which must have weighted keys. I would also like plenty of sample sounds. The amount of keys...about two octaves less than a piano? anything around that.
a headphone input is essential as is a footpedal. Im basically looking for something that can produce a warm piano sound but can also synthesize sounds like organs and some electro maybe. It has to be portable aswell.
i'd be lookin for somethin that could be played on a table. FP-7 looks good to me.
ill check that out though. merci madame x
A couple of bucks from you?

Last edited by Timeé; 06-02-2007 at 08:23 PM.
Timeé is offline   Reply With Quote