Thread: Singing?
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2004, 10:46 PM   #9
Patricia
Eskimo Regular

Ok, I hope this won't get lost in the depths of my stupid PC.

I intended a week of singing classes; and basically what the lady said, was that no one's a bad singer. Everybody can sing in tune with efforts and training. But some people are bad listeners/hearers...

I think that few people are born with talent, and I'd give anythg to be one of them, to be one of those singers whose voice stay in the listeners' ears for hours. But as it's not my case, all I can hope for is to sing in tune, and give emotion to my singing.

This is a bit hard for me, for a technical reason: my shift from chest to head voice is higher than the average, which basically means that I never sing in head voice. Also, it means that high notes that most girls can hit quite easily are hard for me because they're on the shift. I need to practise to bring that shift toa lower note.

Are you following me? [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]And this is not over...

I've started singing in a "band" (we only do covers, and not only songs I like... But it's better than nothing, and one has to start somewhere) 2 years ago, and at first my voice was almost inaudible, even through the mic. I was told about "the fear of the mic", but I truly believed I did my bestest, and that I could never do better. It was almost discouraging!

But now, 2 years later, I can hear the difference! And singing songs which didn't suit my -limited- range actually helped me to improve, by preventing me from being lazy.

So to answer your question, Tomarse, practising is important. Although if you weren't born a Lisa or a Jeff, there's no point hoping to become one...[img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote