View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 10:42 AM   #61
#Ian#
Destroyer of worlds

Right, I've been thinking about this briefly since there was official word. Live, Damien'll be alright but in the studio he could be in trouble unless he gets a bit braver and the next record is what I thought the second one would be having seen him gig a fair bit.

"O" was marvelous, almost all good to great songs, well arranged, it had a lovely ramshackle feeling to it, Lisa's presence pushed it over the top to greatness.

"9" for me was underwhelming, there were a couple of honest to goodness bad songs on it, I didn't much care for some of the arrangements or how it was recorded and some songs that were great live lost something on record (in the case of "Elephant" for example that thing would be the guitar). Save for "Accidental Babies" the only songs that I thought were top class were the ones that Lisa contributed to. In fact I'd go so far to say that she rescued that album.

Damien is certainly capable of making a great album without Lisa but he may have to capture the spirit of the gigs to do it.

Last edited by #Ian#; 03-26-2007 at 11:14 AM.
#Ian# is offline   Reply With Quote