Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > www.EskimoFriends.com > www.EskimoFriends.com

Old 04-30-2005, 03:16 AM   #1
walker
The Masked Eskimo

Red face Store

So not to be rude or anything but who thinks the store is kinda expensive?
I mean they are a lot of money, I'm not a cheap person or anything but where does all the money go? To Damien or what? I wouldn't mind i mean he deserves it but geeze.

That would be sweet if the prices were lowered a little or some of the money went to a foundation, charity or something of that sort.

Anyways the store is pretty nice and i totally like all of the stuff but its hard to find an extra 20 to buy a shirt...especially with gas prices and what not!

Sorry if you wasted your time reading this, hopefully you no where im coming from. Share your comments on the store

oops i should have put this in the "store" page/thread thing

Last edited by walker; 04-30-2005 at 03:21 AM.
walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 11:50 AM   #2
administrator
forum administrator

hi walker,

thanks for your comments on the shop.

as you know, we just design the products and a great company in germany takes care of all the orders. we have very little control over the price, but we do add a small percentage on top of the cost price. this does not go to damien or to a charity. it goes towards the running costs of this site. this site is run at a loss, and takes a lot of time and effort, so the idea is that it will help recoup those costs. i know it's a bit much to ask for donations for a website, which we also do, so this seems like a more reasonable way of asking for (very small) donations. i can assure you that nobody is making a profit out of this website, in fact it's the exact opposite.

i don't think that the prices of the clothing are overpriced actually, compared to other sites or merchandise you might buy at gigs. also, i bought two t-shirts myself (yep, i have to pay for them as well) and they are great quality.

and as for gas prices... i think our prices here in ireland are about twice those in the united states...

administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 02:29 PM   #3
Wheels
Eskimo Enigma

Hmmm... maybe we could put up some cheap EskimoFriends gas in the shop...

Walker, did you see the 'value' t-shirt? $17.50... a little less than $20 anyway.

The US division of the company running the store is new, so hopefully they'll add more products over time... and maybe some of those will be cheaper. But for now it's the best we can do.

Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 11:22 PM   #4
walker
The Masked Eskimo

Smile

okay i see what all of you mean, but thanks for responding and clearing that up.
walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 11:50 PM   #5
Cali
Vegetable Eskimo

actually walker, they're both lying. the igloo store is the first step in emmett's plan to take over the world, you know world domination is not a cheap task.

but shhh don't tell anybody
Cali is offline   Reply With Quote