Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Old 07-29-2006, 04:09 AM   #1
aballadinplainh
Eskimo Baby

Default Camden Show

There was a full range of emotions displayed at tonights brief set. Beauty and anger and dispair and everything. I cannot wait for the new album to come out. From the chorus of Rootless Tree being "**** you, **** you," to the outro to Blower's pt. 2 where you couldn't understand what he was saying, but could feel the anguish in his voice. The crowd was a little rude at first during the more intense songs... i even heard one fan shush a woman who was talking too much. But eventually the crowd understood... at the end of cold water there was a short moment of silence before the applause kicked in. At the end of the set there was an enthusiastic standing ovation and many left because they only came to see Damien. Such a good show for such a short set. For songs i didn't know i just put a lyric in...

Then Go
I Remember (just the second part)
Delicate
"I only wanted to be wanted by you"
Me, My Yoke and I
Cold Water
"is that all right if i give my God away"
Cannonball
Rootless Tree
Blower's 2
Blower's
aballadinplainh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 12:45 PM   #2
murphusa
Eskimo Friend

Default Camden

Boy had it been a long time inbetween shows for me. Glad to see a full band show in Camden last night. Great but short set with the stage manager blinking a flashlight at Damian after BD to end it.

I told two ladies behind my seat to please be quite also and it was fun to see so many leave as soon as the lights went up
Old 07-29-2006, 04:06 PM   #3
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

Quote:
Originally Posted by aballadinplainh
"is that all right if i give my God away"
that's nine crimes

except the lyric is actually "gun" not "God".. tho it's kind of funny how you have it..

"is that all right yeah, to give my God away when he's loaded"

hehe.. God's loaded
SisterMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 04:23 PM   #4
JBTongue
Eskimo Friend

All I wanted to hear was Nine Crimes, so I was happy. I haven't seen Damien and co. since 04 so this was a very anticipated show. Rootless Tree was unreal. Great show all around.
JBTongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 04:56 PM   #5
lgallagher
Eskimo Friend

Default sweeeeet

what a show last night. i was 4th row, all the way to the right..definately the closest i've ever been. Some of the highlights were starting the set with Then Go and going directly into the second part of I Remember. killer transistion. Nine Crimes was probably my favorite of the night, although blowers 2 was incredible as well. It was good to see Delicate, but Lisa didn't sing at all during it...I guess they had to do the shortened version. I'd never heard Rootless Tree before and I thought the verses especially were fantastic. And which song did he add the little trumpet noises to at the end? good touch.

*I would also like to note here a little something about Fiona. Now, I'll admit that I was defending her while some people were bashing her, but I take that back. She has totally lost it, mentally. I'm pretty sure she is on some sort of drug, like..the bad kind of drugs. She would be singing beautifully, then start screaming the chorus and twitching out really bad. It was if she was trying to ruin her own songs. so very very strange. I almost left, but she calmed down a little bit towards the end. I've really never seen anything like it.

can't wait for a full headline tour.

cheers
liam
lgallagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 05:56 PM   #6
dawno
just mildly free

What a treat last night was -- I was fully anticipating pretty much the same setlist I saw on Wednesday night at Summerstage, and was so surprised when they opened with Then Go....

Amazing performance, I do miss Damo's stories and banter, but with only an hour to play, I want to hear as many songs as possible. Hoping that they soon return to the States for a tour of their own.

I SO want to go to Atlantic City tonight.....
dawno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 03:10 AM   #7
aballadinplainh
Eskimo Baby

oops, although i kinda like god better than gun...
Old 07-31-2006, 05:58 AM   #8
OrangeKnickers
Buttons For Eyes

i was at this show too - LOVED it. fiona is crazy i've seen her before & call myself a fan, but the Camden show was not her usual thing. it was like watching a car wreck. she sucked. last night in atlantic city i was bracing myself for the worst again, but she came out on top and gave a flawless performance. wonder what happened in camden that made her lose her marbles?
OrangeKnickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 04:04 AM   #9
aballadinplainh
Eskimo Baby

maybe cause 20 percent of the crowd left after damien performed