Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Old 10-19-2014, 03:51 PM   #1
Sweetpea1301
Eskimo Baby

Default Thanks, everyone at The Box shows!

Hey everyone, this is Kaytee from Texas! I had the unbelievable pleasure of seeing Damien Rice for the first time, all three nights in New York. This is something I have talked and dreamt about for a decade, and was resolved that I would have to go overseas to watch him play, or that it just might not happen at all. Like many of you, I traveled from another state to see him and it was worth every penny. My dream was to see him at an intimate venue like The Box, and the first night I was floored. The size and layout of The Box was awesome, the acoustics were great, and even halfway back the first night I was still so close to the stage and could see almost everything. After the crazy experience at Warsaw (the hot "cattle call"- disorganization, and rowdy crowd, stampede to get in, and interruptions), I realize how wonderful you all were at The Box. The last night could not have been better in my mind, and I realize that part of the magic was how awesome everyone was! I enjoyed meeting so many new people and will probably continue meeting up with new friends. Those of you who waited in line all day with me and sat in the front are a permanent part of my memory. Everyone in the crowd was respectful, did not overpower with their singing, and sometimes you could hear a pin drop. I am so, so appreciative of and awed by how great you all were, and for helping make my dream come true. I didn't realize that the crowd could make or break an experience, and you all at The Box (especially the second night) definitely made it for me

Simply phenomenal.

Cheers, Kaytee
Sweetpea1301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 09:32 PM   #2
verenita
... trusty and true ...

i really enjoyed reading this post, kaytee (welcome to the igloo, btw). i totally feel your words it took me back to when i first joined to the igloo, just dreaming of having the chance to see him live even once in my life.

after a few years, i was blessed enough and i saw him playing in buenos aires (still dreaming about that night!), way way down to the south of the map... then, i moved to dublin, i "chased" him to italy (in fact, it was the perfect excuse to go there, and witness the gene of my own culture) and now i´m only two weeks far from another dream coming true: seeing him perform in the city where this whole thing started... it does blow my mind away.
Old 10-19-2014, 09:40 PM   #3
amyyhc
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea1301 View Post
Hey everyone, this is Kaytee from Texas! I had the unbelievable pleasure of seeing Damien Rice for the first time, all three nights in New York. This is something I have talked and dreamt about for a decade, and was resolved that I would have to go overseas to watch him play, or that it just might not happen at all. Like many of you, I traveled from another state to see him and it was worth every penny. My dream was to see him at an intimate venue like The Box, and the first night I was floored. The size and layout of The Box was awesome, the acoustics were great, and even halfway back the first night I was still so close to the stage and could see almost everything. After the crazy experience at Warsaw (the hot "cattle call"- disorganization, and rowdy crowd, stampede to get in, and interruptions), I realize how wonderful you all were at The Box. The last night could not have been better in my mind, and I realize that part of the magic was how awesome everyone was! I enjoyed meeting so many new people and will probably continue meeting up with new friends. Those of you who waited in line all day with me and sat in the front are a permanent part of my memory. Everyone in the crowd was respectful, did not overpower with their singing, and sometimes you could hear a pin drop. I am so, so appreciative of and awed by how great you all were, and for helping make my dream come true. I didn't realize that the crowd could make or break an experience, and you all at The Box (especially the second night) definitely made it for me

Simply phenomenal.

Cheers, Kaytee

Hey Kaytee!
it was nice meeting you on Thursday at The Box, hope you enjoyed your trip here in New York, and if you are coming back for the bigger show at the Apollo, make sure to hit me up
amyyhc is offline   Reply With Quote