Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Old 07-24-2015, 02:48 PM   #61
Lys
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuuliem View Post
yeah. but no
LOL

Fantastic aftershow btw...thanks for Conaisseur. Can't say that it's will become my favorite song, but what a great moment.
Old 07-24-2015, 03:08 PM   #62
Shillelagh
Eskimo Bro

While in this one case it helped to see the videos but 99.9% of the time photographers that use the super bright flash and super loud shutter are the bane of my existence. There is nothing that takes me out of a moment more than a bunch of fecking flashes and camera noise. What's the point anyway? So you can post to your Facebook and get likes. Is that really worth ruining a wonderful moment for everyone else and not getting to experience it yourself because you're too busy taking pictures. Sorry. Rant over.
Shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 03:40 PM   #63
carrroline
person

Real photographers never use flash during a gig (this is actually completely useless, because it wouldn't even reach the stage, plus, if it did, it ruins all the stage lights) + they only shoot during the first 2/3 songs
As for the loud clicks, a good photographer waits for the right moment and doesn't click every 5 seconds.They also don't just make photos to post them on facebook.

Just saying.

Oh, and I've never seen Lys use flash either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shillelagh View Post
While in this one case it helped to see the videos but 99.9% of the time photographers that use the super bright flash and super loud shutter are the bane of my existence. There is nothing that takes me out of a moment more than a bunch of fecking flashes and camera noise. What's the point anyway? So you can post to your Facebook and get likes. Is that really worth ruining a wonderful moment for everyone else and not getting to experience it yourself because you're too busy taking pictures. Sorry. Rant over.

Last edited by carrroline; 07-24-2015 at 03:42 PM.
carrroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 03:56 PM   #64
Shillelagh
Eskimo Bro

It's still annoying when it's right next to you. Even if it's once every 5 minutes.

And I know it's not just for Facebook but they're also not Ansel Adams and the Guggenheim isn't running an exhibition on concert photographs.

There were photographers behind me at the Chicago show in November and they ruined the first 4 songs with their shutters because it was a tiny intimate theatre.

Last edited by Shillelagh; 07-24-2015 at 03:59 PM.
Shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 04:15 PM   #65
carrroline
person

Then it's up to the theatre to limit the amount of photographers in a venue.
Unfortunately, unlike a smartphone camera, you can't mute a real shutter.

As for me, I always try to be respectful and invisible.
Even when the person that isn't actually allowed to take photos shoves his cell phone in front of my lens (to make a photo they will never look at), at exactly the wrong moment.

There are some really great concert photographers out there, you'd be surprised to see the photos they create. (There are lots of bad ones too, I have to admit.)
carrroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 04:32 PM   #66
JSteggs
Eskimo Friend

I'm curious, what were the other songs played at the aftershow (other than Great Excuse and Delicate)?
JSteggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 05:20 PM   #67
cookienator
Eskimo Friend

The blower's daughter was one
cookienator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 08:57 PM   #68
Lys
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrroline View Post
Real photographers never use flash during a gig (this is actually completely useless, because it wouldn't even reach the stage, plus, if it did, it ruins all the stage lights) + they only shoot during the first 2/3 songs
As for the loud clicks, a good photographer waits for the right moment and doesn't click every 5 seconds.They also don't just make photos to post them on facebook.

Just saying.

Oh, and I've never seen Lys use flash either.
Ha, no my camera doesn't even have a flash. I always leave it at home. :P

But yeah beats me too, why sometimes even at stadium gigs people think that they can light up an entire stage that's 100 meters further than they are with their crappy little camera's. Unless they have a plutonium flash, the only thing that they can reach is the back of the head of the person in front of them...
And as far as camera noises are concerned: if I notice one of those ignorant souls with loud camera bleeps at a gig - I always tap them on the shoulder and ask if they'll let me turn the noise off or if they are going to do it themselves...
Some people just have no idea how their cams work...hence their crappy pics

In a aftershow situation as in Paris though, I don't think I would take pics at all. Or maybe 1 or two, but absolutely without flash. You'd want him to do it again somewhere right? And not get him annoyed by the 'fan paparazzi', that he'll never do it again?

Last edited by Lys; 07-24-2015 at 09:00 PM.
Lys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 01:59 PM   #69
Claude
Eskimo Regular

Aftershow,
22 minutes from the sidewalk:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T0wEc5Yrzk
Claude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 12:29 AM   #70
verenita
... trusty and true ...

thank you so much, claude!