Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 09-10-2003, 09:07 AM   #1
kat
Eskimo Baby

did no-one see him play at pilton by glastonbury last week or are you all being secretive about it? yup, micheal eavis held a little thanku gig and for a tenner u could have seen the happy little local band 'tree frog' the doves and most importantly damien rice. is there anyone out there that did actually see this gig? for once even i managed to see the stage, front row and geez, he takes u to some place. it feels like he's reading ur head and emotions and i dont know, its like a release, even if he was wearing some dodgy tie-die t-shirt that night. anyway it seems like noone else here went so yeh, needless to say he pretty much blew me away.
kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 10:46 AM   #2
Wheels
Eskimo Enigma

Looks like you're the only one Kat... Was it a solo gig or were Lisa or the rest of the gang with him? Did he play any new stuff?
Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 11:50 AM   #3
kat
Eskimo Baby

no new stuff he played mostlysongsoff o altho he did play woman like a man-aaah. things seemed a little pushed for time tho with all song and no talk unlike glastonbury. the whole gang were there tho it seems i must hav been the only one who saw it. i swear i wasnt dreaming it.
kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 01:36 PM   #4
lone_lily
Eskimo Baby

Ooh! me! me! I was there too!! [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]
Got right to the front which was cool! Was a great gig altho the crowd wasn't great and Damien was pretty quiet compared to usual. I missed hearing his little stories! However, was fab to see the whole band showed up and they were all on top form as usual!
Thought I heard a couple of new songs, as well as a few faves which aren't on the album, but like Kat said mostly stuff from O.
Took a few pics which I will share when I ever get the film developed lol!!
Anywhoo, am really glad I went, missed the Tree Frogs which was ashame but Doves were great, and Lisa, Shane and Tomo seemed to be enjoying them too! [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]
Dani [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img] Edited by: lone_lily
lone_lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 05:45 AM   #5
neil_eats
Eskimo Regular

i was there with my now ex girlfriend who i explained to that the song woman like a man was about her. the emotional connection i have with damiens lyrics is part of the reason that i like him, we must be into the same sort of women or something. after listening to blowers daughter part two (not at pilton) i realised i had to end it with the girl (her father isnt a blower though).
neil_eats is offline   Reply With Quote