Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Everything Else > Everything Else

Old 09-01-2012, 01:39 PM   #61
verenita
... trusty and true ...

a bunch of things lately

- dingle peninsula (after 6 years of longing be there) and the ring of kerry last weekend. speechless

- i got the confirmation that i can renew my student visa for another year (expires in a month!) yesterday. no rush for me to go whatsoever!

- i purchased my ticket for Electric Picnic like an hour ago i can´t believe it!
Old 09-01-2012, 10:05 PM   #62
cille
creepycute

^Great! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Old 11-02-2012, 07:44 AM   #63
cille
creepycute

I have a band now. It's very amazing, and a weee bit scary
Old 11-03-2012, 09:55 PM   #64
Yetzirah
Eskimissima

woohooo! cille, that sounds amazing! can't wait to listen to some stuff!
Old 11-04-2012, 02:06 PM   #65
verenita
... trusty and true ...

^^ yay! i would love to listen some stuff!

i was sort of forcing myself to stay away from this thread, hehe. it was easy for a while, since i´ve gone through a tough time lately...
but, i met gemma hayes last night i went to see her in a middle of nowhere and i bumped into her when she was looking for the loo, hehe... i had the chance to chat a bit with her, she is so tiny but adorable... she could barely believe that i was an argentinian fan! and she show, in a very intimate venue, was amazing! the bonus extra was a lift to the nearest village to get a bus to the city. the lovely lady at the box office arranged it for me that turned into another nice memory that i will keep forever
Old 11-04-2012, 05:58 PM   #66
cille
creepycute

^Great, Vere!
Old 11-07-2012, 09:40 PM   #67
Yetzirah
Eskimissima

that sounds brilliant! and good, that there was finally something good happening to you, again!
Old 11-24-2012, 11:55 AM   #68
Ships_Were_Sailin
Eskimo Regular

Visiting this old igloo again

Yet i keep going to where it seems i'm meant to go
Ships_Were_Sailin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:48 PM   #69
cille
creepycute

'Ello!
Old 11-25-2012, 05:36 AM   #70
rachlanee
Eskimo Regular

I glanced at the old 2011 what got you down threads and I am soooooooooooooo happy I am not in THAT place anymore!
And when I saw that there is no thread title 2012 what got you down, that made me smile.
And I have only had 3 cigarettes today instead of the usual 20 and I am already feeling better, and younger.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:14 PM   #71
verenita
... trusty and true ...

^ this made me smile...
as for me, i´m still in ireland, which is an open door to a zillions smiles

Last edited by verenita; 11-25-2012 at 01:17 PM.
verenita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:10 PM
rachlanee
This message has been deleted by rachlanee.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:14 AM   #72
Yetzirah
Eskimissima

seeing a photo of the newest eskimo baby! this girl is soooooooooooo pretty just like its mommy!
Old 12-16-2012, 09:12 AM   #73
cille
creepycute

What, who?
Old 01-09-2013, 10:28 AM   #74
Rai
Eskimontologist

I'll be playing my first ever full-sized show next week. Colour me excited. Y'all should come to BP for the event. Not British Petroleum.

"If you find you've got a dragon charging at you at thirty miles per hour snapping its teeth you can always drive it defensively through the covers"
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:38 AM   #75
cille
creepycute

^I want to! Am very exited to hear how it goes. Also, BP is my dad's initials. Great info, yeah?
Old 02-12-2013, 12:33 PM   #76
verenita
... trusty and true ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
I'll be playing my first ever full-sized show next week. Colour me excited. Y'all should come to BP for the event. Not British Petroleum.
hey, how was it? i hope you enjoyed it!
Old 02-12-2013, 12:35 PM   #77
cille
creepycute

yeah do tell!
Old 02-12-2013, 10:06 PM   #78
Rai
Eskimontologist

It was a hoot, but it didn't quite go as planned. There were some technical difficulties in the beginning (the hodgepodge amplification didn't quite work) which were very distracting during the opening song, so I abandoned it halfway through and started over completely unplugged, which meant new, volume-based distractions. But after the problems were solved, things got back on track and the last third kicked all kinds of ass.

I might play another one with another friend next week, I still have to fix the date, if it is even available. We'll see. Also, I should really start working on making up songs of my own.

"If you find you've got a dragon charging at you at thirty miles per hour snapping its teeth you can always drive it defensively through the covers"
Old 02-13-2013, 07:15 AM   #79
cille
creepycute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
It was a hoot, but it didn't quite go as planned. There were some technical difficulties in the beginning (the hodgepodge amplification didn't quite work) which were very distracting during the opening song, so I abandoned it halfway through and started over completely unplugged, which meant new, volume-based distractions. But after the problems were solved, things got back on track and the last third kicked all kinds of ass.

I might play another one with another friend next week, I still have to fix the date, if it is even available. We'll see. Also, I should really start working on making up songs of my own.
It's good to play impossible gigs like that, I think. It teaches you to improvise under difficoult conditions, it makes you a better performer in the end. And let's face it: When starting out, most gig opportunities are crap. I remember playing a gig outdoors under a ntiny piece of tarp in a rainstorm - now that i think of it, the chance of electrocution was quite present, and people weren't too inclined to stop by and listen, but in the end it was quite funny and a good experience, having survived that ****.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:10 AM   #80
Rai
Eskimontologist

Actually, the gig opportunity was rather great (especially the amounts of whisky I got out of the deal), it was only that me and my co-performer had to set up the amps and stuff (since the place is by no means a concert venue, just a bar) and we were rather disorganised.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:32 AM   #81
cille
creepycute

^that's why you'll want roadies (also groupies)
Old 02-16-2013, 02:27 PM   #82
Rai
Eskimontologist

Yay, second concert scheduled!

Old 02-16-2013, 02:41 PM   #83
cille
creepycute

Great!
Old 02-17-2013, 05:15 AM   #84
rachlanee
Eskimo Regular

This should be under the random thread, but I want to convince my boyfriend to busk. I'm the only one who hears his wonderful songs and voice, but I know he wants to busk, and do more with his music. There are just no Buskers here in Georgia, unless you go to Savannah. I introduced him to Glen's music, we saw him in September, and I think he is now a bigger fan than I am. If that is possible.
Oh and also, most people I know don't know what a busker is, or who Glen and Damien are either.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:31 AM   #85
cille
creepycute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachlanee View Post
This should be under the random thread, but I want to convince my boyfriend to busk. I'm the only one who hears his wonderful songs and voice, but I know he wants to busk, and do more with his music. There are just no Buskers here in Georgia, unless you go to Savannah. I introduced him to Glen's music, we saw him in September, and I think he is now a bigger fan than I am. If that is possible.
Oh and also, most people I know don't know what a busker is, or who Glen and Damien are either.
Cool! Although to me, busking is a quite scary situation to put yourself in, cause you expose yourself to passers-by who aren't necessarily kind or even vaguely interested. I'm sure it's a great learning experience for a singer and performer, like Damien and Glen say, but maybe it's nice for your boy to start out at an open mic type place where people are more likely to listen and respond to his work - mainly because most of the audience at such things are musicians and/or songwriters themselves - at least that's how it is here in Cph. Just my 5 kroners worth..
Old 02-18-2013, 03:57 PM   #86
rachlanee
Eskimo Regular

Yeah, there are some open mic nights in the area I'm going to check out. We've been home bodies a lot lately with trying to quit smoking. For me, social situations trigger wanting to smoke. I've been puffing an electronic cigarette for 5 days now. I wonder when they will say that those are worse than cigs, lol. A pack a day for 17 years. I can breathe, I stopped coughing and it's amazing how much energy I have. And I smell nicer too.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:17 PM   #87
cille
creepycute

^hey good for you! Actuallyn the otherb day a colleague said that the e-cig's are bad for you and your surroundings too because of chemicals, but hey - if it makes you feel better and leads to maybe stopping entirely, I'd say it's a good stop on the way to no smoking

I am an ex-smoker and I remember when I realized how horrible the smoke smells on other people coming from a cig break. Hey, taste and sense of smell gets better too. There's really no advantage to smoking, except for the tobacco biz
Old 02-21-2013, 03:49 AM   #88
rachlanee
Eskimo Regular

It might not be good, but it has to be better than cigarettes. I had a stressful day at work, was going to buy some on the way home, but realized I had left my wallet at home, so I didn't get any. Yay.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:49 AM   #89
cille
creepycute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachlanee View Post
It might not be good, but it has to be better than cigarettes. I had a stressful day at work, was going to buy some on the way home, but realized I had left my wallet at home, so I didn't get any. Yay.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:20 PM   #90
verenita
... trusty and true ...

i really enjoy the fact that this thread has backed on!

congrats, rai and good vibes from here!

rach, yay for you they say it takes only 7 seconds to get over the anxiety... keep on being smoke free