Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Lisa Hannigan > Lisa Hannigan

Old 06-24-2009, 09:23 PM   #1
PMF88
Eskimo Friend

Default Gramercy Theatre NYC 6/19/09

Hi all... new member here. Unlike many I'm sure, I come as a Lisa Hannigan fan for little over a year now, not discovering Damien's music until afterward. After missing two opportunities to see Lisa play live (first opening for Jason Mraz at my college, second at her Highline Ballroom show a few months ago), I finally caught her this past Friday in New York. I have been lucky enough to see many artists from the front row, including anyone from Paul McCartney in 2007 to Rachael Yamagata in 2009 and everyone of varying levels of popularity in between, but Lisa's show at the Gramercy Theatre will undoubtedly be considered my number one experience!

I bought general tickets for the show, not the VIP tickets. For some reason, though, they seated the VIPs in the back bleacher area. Luckily, this left the seating on the floor up front free for us "regulars." My date and I took the first two aisle seats, front row dead center, directly under Lisa's harmonium.

Every performance that night was amazing. Flawless. Musically, the band was tight. You could really tell they really do have a great love for one another.

Last edited by PMF88; 03-22-2010 at 10:56 PM.
PMF88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:32 PM   #2
verenita
... trusty and true ...

hey, very nice review. i´m glad you had a great time, with an album signed included
also, thanks for the pics... and very welcome to the igloo
Old 07-01-2009, 10:41 PM   #3
RonjaGirl
Eskimo Regular

^^THanks for the nice review and the pics!

I found some more pics here...

Lisa on Oct 3rd 2008!!
RonjaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:03 AM   #4
PMF88
Eskimo Friend

Thanks for those. I wish I could have gotten some better shots, but you can only do so much with a point-n-shoot camera in a dark concert. It's good to see it from a different perspective.

Apparently the show she did in NJ a night or two before the NYC gig was filmed by PBS, so here's hoping we get an official video release... pictures are great, but you can't hear them!
PMF88 is offline   Reply With Quote