Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 04-05-2005, 11:35 PM   #31
superstu
Eskimo Baby

I agree with those who say i remember but something about the way he loses it in prague just makes my feel exactly how he does, i almost get angry listening to it. its the same with the the second half of i remember, it's very eerie to listen to
Old 04-06-2005, 09:10 AM   #32
gregamiepgy
marsh - wiggle

i remember hands down. now the most detached? older chests

Mrs Doyle: Fr Todd Unctuous?
New Priest: [Suddenly elated] YES! WELL DONE!
gregamiepgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 09:46 AM   #33
ricgnzlzcr
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstu
I agree with those who say i remember but something about the way he loses it in prague just makes my feel exactly how he does, i almost get angry listening to it. its the same with the the second half of i remember, it's very eerie to listen to
I feel ya there. I actually listened to Prague while at a party with headphones on someones computer and I completely screamed out the lyrics with Damo. Safe to say I scared everyone. But after a couple drinks they all forgot

I have to say, Cold Water gives me chills with the deep voice at the end. I never really felt Cannonball. I actually never enjoyed Cannonball until the radio-edit much afterwards. I LOVED the lyrics. But I didn't feel anything. Weird, cause I know a lot of people love it. It's my girlfriend at the time of my virginity to O's favorite song. It took the Blower's Daughter to get me attached
ricgnzlzcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 10:43 AM   #34
Beevers_uk
Esquimal Conducido Pasión

Location: In My Sugar Coated World, Filled With Angels And Love And Happiness And... And You.

I dont know what it is, but theres something about "the Professor", Exspecially when he says...
"And what shakes the elephant now
And what makes a man?
I don't know,"

And the french part is amazing!!

- Im Not Who You Think I am, I Slipped A Stranger Inside -
...~Noelie Mcdonnell~...
- You'll Be My Muse, And I'll Be Your Poet -
...~My Myspace Thingy~...
Beevers_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 02:08 PM   #35
snowbaby
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by **jebus**
I realy don't know what it is about that line...

and i hate when you say i never fight for you

its not exacty the most intense part of the song, not as emotionally charged as some of the other lines in the song, but it really gets me every time

anybody else get that!?!

i love that line... it makes me sad cause i didn't fight for someone a long time ago....

most emotional.... cheers darlin i think or i remember i love the climax in it... for anyone who drinks this is what i think... when you're drunk and you've just hit that place where you close your eyes and the world is spinning that's what it reminds me of i love it its cool so emotionally charged