Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Old 08-08-2012, 08:34 PM   #121
glo32
Eskimo Regular

Because "comfort" and "what have you done to her face" were premiered in Grado... that's the only time they've been played so far.
glo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:36 PM   #122
Shillelagh
Eskimo Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamlet View Post
Thanks, Born!

Yeah, it was meant to be "find" but those keys are right next to each other and I proofread in a hurry yesterday so didn't catch the typo. Fixed now.

I really cannot stop listening to "Comfort". Had it on repeat for like an hour and I NEVER do that. It may have already made it into my Damo top ten.

Rio,

To our knowledge, this tour is the debut of both these songs (and BTHM but i'd argue that' song is basically a reworking of the earlier, far superior "Is That It, My Friend?"). I personally can't share with you since I got them from someone else. I'm afraid that since you're new you may have to wait awhile since we're dealing with a leaker (although I think we should have a good idea of who the main suspects are) and the taper may not want to trust anyone other than those of us they know wouldn't widely share/post on YT.

Who are the suspects?
Shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:58 PM   #123
ElephantMan
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamlet View Post
Thanks, Born!

it may have already made it into my Damo top ten.
sure it's not a prisoner of the moment lol?

my suspect name starts with D, JMO
ElephantMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:27 PM   #124
verenita
... trusty and true ...

^ for damien? iīm sorry... i know this is a serious issue, but i had the thought of damien being behind of all of this and having some fun, hehe... itīs just i donīt like thinking negative things about people, i suppose...
Old 08-09-2012, 12:35 AM   #125
ElephantMan
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by verenita View Post
^ for damien? iīm sorry... i know this is a serious issue, but i had the thought of damien being behind of all of this and having some fun, hehe... itīs just i donīt like thinking negative things about people, i suppose...
no, didnt mean Damien, meant dav_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _, but IDK, nor has he been on the board lately
ElephantMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:39 PM   #126
cille
creepycute

Reg the new songs - I'm sorry to say they don't get me at all. Am I really over Damien's music?
Old 08-10-2012, 03:59 PM   #127
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

You've heard all five of them? You may well be.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:01 PM   #128
cille
creepycute

Yeah.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:14 PM   #129
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

Odd. It's not like you could have gotten sick of hearing him play too much the past few years. Maybe you just aren't in the mood. What was the last new one you loved? "Box?" "What If I'm Wrong?"
Old 08-11-2012, 08:01 AM   #130
cille
creepycute

Hmmm Coconut skins perhaps. His songwriting just got too thin for me. Other songwriters with richer songwriting have caught my attentention lately. It's not a big problem, I just wish Damien's songwriting would have grown more than it has. Enouffabout me though.
Old 08-11-2012, 04:20 PM   #131
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

That's so interesting because the growth/ increase in richness (aside from BTHM which feels like an ersatz rehash of ITI,MF?) is exactly why I've been so recently impressed. I was worried he'd get into a rut but none of these songs sound like they would've fit on either record to me.
Old 11-05-2014, 11:22 PM   #132
acquadigio
Eskimo Regular

sorry for diggin' up an old thread but I've been looking desperately for "what have you done to her face" and "comfort me".

I don't know that I can have any luck posting here, but if anyone has these 2 songs, please please share with this poor eskimo, who just loves Damien's music to death . I'll be extremely super thankful...... And no youtube for sure, I promise
acquadigio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 10:10 AM   #133
damien lisa
am i breaking u

Quote:
Originally Posted by acquadigio View Post
sorry for diggin' up an old thread but I've been looking desperately for "what have you done to her face" and "comfort me".

I don't know that I can have any luck posting here, but if anyone has these 2 songs, please please share with this poor eskimo, who just loves Damien's music to death . I'll be extremely super thankful...... And no youtube for sure, I promise
just googled "what have you done to her face" and it came Renee Zellweger
Old 11-06-2014, 11:50 AM   #134
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

^hahaha thatīs hilarious but seriously, what has she done to her face?

Acqua (or anyone that needs the songs), send me a pm with your email and I can forward them to you via mail
Old 11-06-2014, 12:21 PM   #135
acquadigio
Eskimo Regular

^
^surely this song was not written for her lol

@borneo: thank you so much, I've just got a pm with the download of those 2 songs from the very kind srahman24. Thank you guys again for making my day : ) btw I pm'ed you about another song. I'm craving so much for Damien's music now haha
acquadigio is offline   Reply With Quote