Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 11-15-2006, 07:19 AM   #31
AllThatLies
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlttrGrrl
And my point is that Damien doesn't do "acoustic" when he's got like 10 pedals. It defeats the purpose of looping if you try to stuff it all into a tiny amp. The looping parts were not quiet at all, and would have sounded better if he had the right equipment. I wasn't complaining about Tomo's drums - just observing and letting people know...
well everyone can see how it sounded for themselves now http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/s...403#post282403
AllThatLies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 08:25 AM   #32
Niko
Eskimo Regular

Assuming the recording is of comparable sound quality to actually being there, which seems doubtful

Last edited by Niko; 11-15-2006 at 08:25 AM. Reason: My smiley didn't work :(
Niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 02:47 PM   #33
AllThatLies
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niko
Assuming the recording is of comparable sound quality to actually being there, which seems doubtful
you might be suprised.
Old 11-15-2006, 04:56 PM   #34
flutterby
Eskimo Friend

the show was brilliant!
oh hi, im new here. i met a bunch of people at the show who told me i had to join this forum, so here i am.
Damien and Co. were absolutely amazing as usual.
my favorites from the show were Yoshimi, aww so cute! Then Go, Elephant, Accidental Babies (almost made me cry) Rootless tree, toffee pop, and i was super stoked he did bottom shelf even though it was only a verse
i got to meet damien at the starbucks a few blocks from the venue that afternoon. he was so nice, talked to me for a few minutes

so also got to go to the long beach show on sat. and i have video up from it on my myspace.

http://www.myspace.com/ms_m

i only have the first three parts up so far but i will get the last two up tonight.
flutterby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 05:34 PM   #35
bryce5.23.88
Eskimo Friend

AllThatLies, thank you so much for taping the show. I just downloaded it. and i applaud your taping job. It sounds great (despite the camera noises).

and Hello Miriam :-)
it was great to meet you and watch the show with you
bryce5.23.88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 05:39 PM   #36
flutterby
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce5.23.88
AllThatLies, thank you so much for taping the show. I just downloaded it. and i applaud your taping job. It sounds great (despite the camera noises).

and Hello Miriam :-)
it was great to meet you and watch the show with you
hi there! told ya i would sign up here.
Old 11-15-2006, 05:47 PM   #37
muskoxen
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
And my point is that Damien doesn't do "acoustic" when he's got like 10 pedals. It defeats the purpose of looping if you try to stuff it all into a tiny amp. The looping parts were not quiet at all, and would have sounded better if he had the right equipment. I wasn't complaining about Tomo's drums - just observing and letting people know...
peace, you two, peace.

welcome, miriam.
thankyouthankyou, allthatlies! thank you. beautiful.
Old 11-15-2006, 06:20 PM   #38
bryce5.23.88
Eskimo Friend

can anyone with pictures from this show post them, or put up a link to them? that would be amazing. i didn't get my camera in, because it was in my friends backpack, which he ended up having to take to our car.

:-) thanks
Old 11-15-2006, 06:28 PM   #39
flutterby
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
can anyone with pictures from this show post them, or put up a link to them? that would be amazing. i didn't get my camera in, because it was in my friends backpack, which he ended up having to take to our car.

:-) thanks
here is the link to mine from the phone

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrow...der_id=1703380

and if you look in my myspace blog there is a link to Mandy's blog and she has a link to her pics from the show, which are better quality.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:57 PM   #40
#Ian#
Destroyer of worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllThatLies
ahem...ACOUSTIC SHOW.....
With a full selection of effects pedals. Tomo told me that the set up was for an electric show.

Were it an acoustic show there wouldn't have been any amps at all, his guitar would have been DI'd into the PA.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:20 PM   #41
bryce5.23.88
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Ian#
With a full selection of effects pedals. Tomo told me that the set up was for an electric show.

Were it an acoustic show there wouldn't have been any amps at all, his guitar would have been DI'd into the PA.
you are correct. The only thing acoustic about this show was tomo... he didn't have a drum set, but rather a djembe + cymbals. I don't think he even had a kick of any kind. he played with his hands and with brushes.

Damien had a full rack of pedals, and pulled out looping, wah stuff, distortion, etc.

His set up was running through smaller amps than normal. But that may have had something to do with the small size of the venue more than anything else.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:41 PM
Hot Burrito
This message has been deleted by Hot Burrito.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:44 PM   #42
Hot Burrito
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
yeah thanks loads ATL, quality is excellent lisa singin the professor, brilliant!! ive never heard her singin so deep! hope he keeps doin toffee pop on the rest of the tour, ive never seen him do it live
Hot Burrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 05:25 PM   #43
Max
Eskimå

Quote:
you might be suprised.

Thank you AllThatLies!!!

I'm definately surprised. Great quality - Thank's a bunch for making it available for us. Last night I ripped and tagged the show at 256kbs and put it on my ipod - it sounds fantastic.

Between Toffee Pop bridging Elephant and Blower's Daughter, the medley and that awesome performance of Cold Water the show couldn't have had a better ending.

(If anyone is interested in an mp3 version of "AllThatLies" awesome recording I'll put it up somewhere - file size is about 236mb).
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 05:56 PM   #44
ste_swann
Stupidest Eskimo

I would appreciate it...the torrent isn't working well for me...
ste_swann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 06:49 PM   #45
AllThatLies
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
Thank you AllThatLies!!!

I'm definately surprised. Great quality - Thank's a bunch for making it available for us. Last night I ripped and tagged the show at 256kbs and put it on my ipod - it sounds fantastic.

Between Toffee Pop bridging Elephant and Blower's Daughter, the medley and that awesome performance of Cold Water the show couldn't have had a better ending.

(If anyone is interested in an mp3 version of "AllThatLies" awesome recording I'll put it up somewhere - file size is about 236mb).
I guess you missed the part where i specifically asked you NOT to do that in the text file...so again, please do not. all i can do is ask.

i'd expect this sort of thing out of clueless people on livejournal or something, but not here. i guess i gave this board too much credit.

Last edited by AllThatLies; 11-16-2006 at 06:58 PM.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:12 PM   #46
Max
Eskimå

Quote:
I guess you missed the part where i specifically asked you NOT to do that in the text file...i'd expect this sort of thing out of clueless people on livejournal or something, but not here. i guess i gave this board too much credit.
A couple of my friends, and fellow fans, had problems with the .flac files. They're not Audiophiles or as computer savvy as some of us. I wasn't going to make this available until I'd heard from you - just wanted to see if there are other fans with the same problem.

I'm extremley greatful for your fine efforts and I won't put anything up against your will.

I recommend to any Damo fan who is reading this thread, and hasn't downloaded AllThatLies' recording of the show, to do so immediately. It's a beautiful recording of a very good show.

Once again - no offense - and thanks again.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:24 PM   #47
#Ian#
Destroyer of worlds

Oh yeah, best Damien gig I've seen in about 3 years even with the sound issues.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:08 PM   #48
AllThatLies
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
A couple of my friends, and fellow fans, had problems with the .flac files. They're not Audiophiles or as computer savvy as some of us. I wasn't going to make this available until I'd heard from you - just wanted to see if there are other fans with the same problem.

I'm extremley greatful for your fine efforts and I won't put anything up against your will.

I recommend to any Damo fan who is reading this thread, and hasn't downloaded AllThatLies' recording of the show, to do so immediately. It's a beautiful recording of a very good show.

Once again - no offense - and thanks again.
i just ask that you don't make it available for anyone that wants to dowload it in mp3. for yourself is perfectly fine.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:11 PM   #49
ste_swann
Stupidest Eskimo

Frankly I think that if any of us wants to have it in mp3 there's nothing wrong about it...he would just post it for those of us who would convert it into mp3 anyway, and in this case the download would also be faster. Anyway, even if i don't agree with you, I respect your decision...and I just have to hope that bit torrent is getting faster soon, cause I can't wait to hear it...and thanks for posting anyway, AllThatLies, you did us a great favour

Ste
Old 11-16-2006, 09:23 PM   #50
AllThatLies
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ste_swann
Frankly I think that if any of us wants to have it in mp3 there's nothing wrong about it...he would just post it for those of us who would convert it into mp3 anyway, and in this case the download would also be faster. Anyway, even if i don't agree with you, I respect your decision...and I just have to hope that bit torrent is getting faster soon, cause I can't wait to hear it...and thanks for posting anyway, AllThatLies, you did us a great favour

Ste
you just don't understand the difference in quality and how it may screw up the trading pool is all. it's fine if you want mp3s, but you getting them may ultimately make it so someone that doesn't want mp3s gets stuck with them instead of the better version. that's what is trying to be prevented.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:34 PM   #51
ste_swann
Stupidest Eskimo

Ok, but people arent stupid, if you tell them "there's the mp3s" and "there's the flacs" I think they can choose and who wants a gig in flac format can have it anyway, but who wants it converted in mp3s can download it already converted, in a shorter time. They would convert it anyway. And most of the people who use mp3 players/ipod do, I know it's much better with flac files, but if I want to have it on my ipod what can I do? But hey, that's not that big problem anyway, I''ll just have to wait a day or so to be able to hear it finally
Old 11-16-2006, 10:41 PM   #52
GlttrGrrl
Eskimo Goddess

Quote:
His set up was running through smaller amps than normal. But that may have had something to do with the small size of the venue more than anything else.
Not the venue - rock bands (including The Frames) play there with much bigger amps I think the small amp was because that's all Damien brought with him. I'm pretty sure the piano was rented and everyone else just brought what they could get on the plane.

Anyway, it was still a fantastic show. I still can't do the torrent thing because I have a Mac and I can't remember the instructions people gave me the last time I tried to do this (the Mountain Winery show). Any help would be appreciated.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:46 PM   #53
Max
Eskimå

Quote:
Not the venue - rock bands (including The Frames) play there with much bigger amps I think the small amp was because that's all Damien brought with him. I'm pretty sure the piano was rented and everyone else just brought what they could get on the plane.

Anyway, it was still a fantastic show. I still can't do the torrent thing because I have a Mac and I can't remember the instructions people gave me the last time I tried to do this (the Mountain Winery show). Any help would be appreciated.

It's just as easy on a Mac. Here is a link to the software I use "Tomato Torrent 1.5b1"

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/14258

1. Click "Download Now"

2. Double Click the "Tomato.dmg" file that should appear on your desk top and install it in your applications.

3. Go to "AllThatLies" page on bt.etree.org by clicking on this link.
http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=501796

then click on: "damo2006-11-13.mk4.flac16.torrent"

It should ask you what you want to do. Check "Save to disk."

Locate the "damo2006-11-13.mk4.flac16.torrent" file on your desktop or hard drive. (It probably has a red tomato icon) You can move it anywhere you want to (I suggest you make a "torrent" or "downloads" folder etc. or leave it where it is.

When you're ready to start downloading the show, double click the "damo2006-11-13.mk4.flac16.torrent" file. It should ask you where you want to save it to (again I suggest you save it the same folder as your torrent file, but it doesn't matter) then click "start" and you're on your way.

Depending on your download speed and the download speed of the person you're downloading from (the seeder) it could take you anywhere from a couple of hrs to a few days to download a 600mb file. Just leave the Tomato torrent application open and let it do it's thing. Oh, and always remember to seed - ie leave the torrent file open for as long as you can - so others can download the concert too

Hope this helps - cheers - and enjoy the show.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:16 AM   #54
GlttrGrrl
Eskimo Goddess

Thanks Max!

It's saying it will take 10 hours! crazy.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:03 AM   #55
ste_swann
Stupidest Eskimo

Well your lucy then...mine is saying it's goingt to take me 5/6/7 days from yesterday evening, it's hard for it to reach even 2 kb/sec!!! I dont klnow why it's going so slow!
Old 11-18-2006, 02:21 AM   #56
GlttrGrrl
Eskimo Goddess

Okay, now stupid mac question again. How do I open the files? I've downloaded them, but now what? help
Old 11-18-2006, 06:12 PM   #57
Soleillily
Eskimo Shutterbug

Hey guys, here is the link to a few photos from the LB Instore...I didn't take that many cos I actually wanted to watch the show...and the ones I did take are so so...

I would have taken some at The El Rey but I didn't know I could take in my camera...hopefully at the Orpheum I'll get some more, better ones.

http://www.susanaz.photosite.com/DamienRice/
Old 11-18-2006, 06:25 PM   #58
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

niiice.. thanks susana! the lisa photo is great and i really like those shots of damien too!

valerie - download winamp and the flac plugin, or flac frontend if you want to convert the files.. it's been discussed a hundred times in the trading forum, if you need more info i'll bet it's in there if you look
SisterMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 10:30 PM   #59
AllThatLies
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ste_swann
Ok, but people arent stupid, if you tell them "there's the mp3s" and "there's the flacs" I think they can choose and who wants a gig in flac format can have it anyway, but who wants it converted in mp3s can download it already converted, in a shorter time. They would convert it anyway. And most of the people who use mp3 players/ipod do, I know it's much better with flac files, but if I want to have it on my ipod what can I do? But hey, that's not that big problem anyway, I''ll just have to wait a day or so to be able to hear it finally
you're not getting it again. nobody will tell them "there's the mp3s" and "there's the flacs." what will happen is they'll get a b&p from somebody which will be burnt from mp3s instead of flacs and they'll never even have the option of getting the better version because the other person didn't even know there was a better version b/c they got it from someone who never knew, etc, etc.