Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 04-23-2009, 01:05 PM   #31
eva_arg
Eskimo Regular

can I learn more of this psycho-eskimo that got banned? maybe someone can PM me...

and btw, that other letter sounds like something it would be posted on the official board. not that I have anything against it, but I took a look around before joining here and it's not exactly the friendliest place; and I've seen stuff like these in other forums of other artists.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:43 PM
damiensgirl
This message has been deleted by damiensgirl.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:19 PM   #32
glo32
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
I think Damien says that he feels great by being close to the real feelings of his fans and what I did was to post a story about marrying a person I met at this forum and how Damien Rice was influential bringing us together.
1. We can't know what the letter was about, because all we see now is an empty post
2. If you open a thread and then delete the first post, you can't complain if people say the thread is useless or stupid... because it became useless in the moment you deleted that letter.
3. I understand you deleted the letter because it is too personal but... then why did you post it on a public forum in the first place?
4. You will post it again for 5 minutes? What's the point in that? Sorry but you look a bit confused - do you want to share your feelings or you're just trying to grab attention?
glo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 04:00 PM   #33
verenita
... trusty and true ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by borneoman View Post
I think we need some 'real' Damien news, people are going crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i agree! should we star a 10 days to barcelona thread... again? lol.
seriusly, as much as i want to hear/know something new from damie... i´m fine with his *silence*... of course, i still feel the vibe of last january, but i guess this is not fair for the most of you
Old 04-23-2009, 04:22 PM   #34
Rai
Eskimontologist

^Or we could embrace another musician. What about The Boss? He'll be touring soon.

"If you find you've got a dragon charging at you at thirty miles per hour snapping its teeth you can always drive it defensively through the covers"
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 04:32 PM   #35
Joyful
Eskimama

Quote:
Originally Posted by glo32 View Post
1. We can't know what the letter was about, because all we see now is an empty post
2. If you open a thread and then delete the first post, you can't complain if people say the thread is useless or stupid... because it became useless in the moment you deleted that letter.
3. I understand you deleted the letter because it is too personal but... then why did you post it on a public forum in the first place?
4. You will post it again for 5 minutes? What's the point in that? Sorry but you look a bit confused - do you want to share your feelings or you're just trying to grab attention?

Exactly. Well said Glo!
Joyful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:17 PM   #36
Devushka
Folkie Eskimo

ok.. I'm totally lost here... what tha hell was that ("the letter in its original form")?? I don't quiet understand the whole writting..there are lots of words I don't understand... (excuse my simple english)
Can anyone explain to me what that writting is about so I can get the whole idea? .... Please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eva_arg View Post
that other letter sounds like something it would be posted on the official board. not that I have anything against it, but I took a look around before joining here and it's not exactly the friendliest place; and I've seen stuff like these in other forums of other artists.
I agree with that....

Quote:
Originally Posted by glo32 View Post
Totally agree with that also..... what is the point in posting something if you don't want people to read it?

Last edited by Devushka; 04-23-2009 at 06:31 PM.
Devushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:53 PM   #37
cille
creepycute

Quote:
Originally Posted by damiensgirl View Post
Oh gosh,thats really disturbing that people are talking about where I should post the letter and wondering if its real or not.
No I was never banned from this forum before and I dont think the letter sounds angry nor be a reason to someone be banned. What I see here is people talking over and over about the same ****,no wonder I see no many members on line...I think Damien says that he feels great by being close to the real feelings of his fans and what I did was to post a story about marrying a person I met at this forum and how Damien Rice was influential bringing us together. Thats was what you people was supposed to understand but I think you are too cynical for that.
and I dont think anyone got to understand what I'm actually trying to say...go get in touch with your feeelings,people.
and this other person posting this crap stuff saying it was the letter...jezzz where did you get that??
You really can't blame people for being confused and a bit baffled over this thread. Read people's responses again, try to understand them as we're trying to understand what's going on with you. Peace, lady!
Old 04-23-2009, 09:14 PM
damiensgirl
Old 04-23-2009, 09:14 PM
damiensgirl
Old 04-23-2009, 09:16 PM   #38
damiensgirl
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
you know what I think is really stupid? this "judging from what I was told about a previous member who got banned "
can't say no more.
signs of madness? where?
damiensgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:27 PM
damiensgirl
Old 04-23-2009, 09:29 PM
damiensgirl
Old 04-23-2009, 10:38 PM   #39
Devushka
Folkie Eskimo

Guys! I think damiensgirl is just trying to explain her feelings and / or her reasons.... maybe we didnt get her right... and therefore she is not getting us right either... why don't we start from scratch and let damiensgirl explain herself?

Just a thought...
Old 04-24-2009, 12:54 PM   #40
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

What everyone else said.

This "damiensgirl" is clearly an attention whore. She spams the forum (posting multiple replies in a row is not only against the rules but also blatently obnoxious) with her self-righteous indignation and self-importance. Instead of deleting the whole thing she could've just edited it to exclude those personal details. Then she sets up conditions (BTW, that refers to you saying I'll be posting for only 5 min. London time) as if we all have nothing better to do with our own lives than to come running back here for her "appointment viewing". Get over yourself already. You aren't that special.

However, the "letter in it's original form" was a brilliant piece of satire. Funny and even oddly poetic.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:57 PM   #41
Ships_Were_Sailin
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamlet View Post
What everyone else said.

This "damiensgirl" is clearly an attention whore. She spams the forum (posting multiple replies in a row is not only against the rules but also blatently obnoxious) with her self-righteous indignation and self-importance. Instead of deleting the whole thing she could've just edited it to exclude those personal details. Then she sets up conditions (BTW, that refers to you saying I'll be posting for only 5 min. London time) as if we all have nothing better to do with our own lives than to come running back here for her "appointment viewing". Get over yourself already. You aren't that special.

However, the "letter in it's original form" was a brilliant piece of satire. Funny and even oddly poetic.
Spamlet - saying what we are all thinking

Yet i keep going to where it seems i'm meant to go
Ships_Were_Sailin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:55 PM
damiensgirl
Old 04-24-2009, 02:14 PM   #42
Nine
Inuit

good grief.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:26 PM   #43
LaurenM
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
You know...I have been reading this forum for about 3 years.And I never liked the self-importance YOU give to yourself.and even less the importance people gives to you.You are so full of yourself.Poor you.Calling another member an "attention whore" should be against the rules.Especially when you dont even know what this is about.But what expect from someone who has high thoughts about himself? havent you met someone to tell you that you are not that special?
is English your second language?

http://thatgirlwiththefreckles.blogspot.com/
LaurenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 03:44 PM   #44
Wheels
Eskimo Enigma

Guys... everyone take a breath, and step away from the personal remarks. If anyone doesn't like the content of a thread, just ignore it... it will die. As will we all eventually... so just live on and be happy. Grazie.

Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 04:57 PM   #45
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

Idea, and I mean it seriously, send the letter to Damien himself instead of posting it here. I guess it's intended to him, not to 'us'
Old 04-24-2009, 07:11 PM   #46
julia
Eskimo Yogi..

Im soo cunfused by this thread LOL.. Oy!

"There's something magical about music and the simple fact that it's a vibration of air. It's sort of magical if you vibrate the air in a certain way, people are pleased by it." Damien Rice
julia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:50 PM   #47
Rue Saint-Denis
Eskimo Ghost

She's on that troll status~

I'm so happy we have a troll
Old 04-25-2009, 07:55 AM   #48
cille
creepycute

What Wheels said!
Old 04-26-2009, 08:08 AM   #49
Darvish
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemarami View Post
This might be the twilightzone.

By the way the second letter is not the same as the first one at all for everyone that missed it.
"if you can't tell that i am lying , then you do not belong"
j/k...that was just a joke...things gotta happen around here while we sit around on arses and wait for damien, right?

ps. << look at the damien pic to the right and imagine him saying .." haha!" ...pretty funny to me
Old 04-26-2009, 07:37 PM   #50
Devushka
Folkie Eskimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darvish View Post
ps. << look at the damien pic to the right and imagine him saying .." haha!" ...pretty funny to me
LOL!!!!! that is what im gonna imagine everytime i see your avatar now!! XD
Old 04-27-2009, 04:42 AM   #51
Tommy
Chilly Eskimo

Quote:
What everyone else said.

It is absolutely unbelievable that you of all people wrote this. You post some of the most unbelievably self-rightous threads on here.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:06 PM   #52
LaurenM
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
It is absolutely unbelievable that you of all people wrote this. You post some of the most unbelievably self-rightous threads on here.
Au contraire. Spamlet is allowed to be self-important because, well, he usually has something insightful or important to say. (Unlike Damiensgirl, who just seems neurotic.)

http://thatgirlwiththefreckles.blogspot.com/
LaurenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:18 PM   #53
Moves-My-World
Eskimo Regular

It's almost like she's got a flamethrower and is just sawing the igloo in half!
Moves-My-World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:02 PM   #54
cille
creepycute

W h a t W h e e l s s a i d !!!
Old 04-27-2009, 10:30 PM   #55
Wheels
Eskimo Enigma

Yeah, what I said...

Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:59 PM   #56
Devushka
Folkie Eskimo

yeah.. what wheels said...
i dont understand what's the big deal with this... it's almost like she commited a crime or something... some comments are so violent, i'm really impressed...
Old 04-28-2009, 03:07 AM   #57
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

Dev,

Understandable. She apparently has a funny habit of erasing almost all of her own rather agressively worded posts after time to rethink them, which would be a great plan to appear an innocent were it not for other people also quoting several of them in their own replies.

Tommy, since your current avatar looks like the poster child for tortured artistes I'll take that assessment with a shaker full of salt. BTW, despite the first 3 songs sounding as much like covers as the actual last one, you've got some definite talent buried in there. Keep at it.

My humor is (New Arid Solid Extra) dry and hence doesn't always translate well in print. In other words, choosing to take me so seriously may not be entirely in my control.

Much thanks, sweet Lauren.

From here on out for me: what Wheels said.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:50 AM   #58
Devushka
Folkie Eskimo

Quote:
Dev,

Understandable. She apparently has a funny habit of erasing almost all of her own rather agressively worded posts after time to rethink them, which would be a great plan to appear an innocent were it not for other people also quoting several of them in their own replies.
oh man..this is the first post i see of her... don't know the old story so i wont comment on this topic anymore... Thanks Spamlet for clarifying that.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:02 AM   #59
Nine
Inuit

Quote:
BTW, despite the first 3 songs sounding as much like covers as the actual last one, you've got some definite talent buried in there. Keep at it.
what do they sound like covers of?
Old 04-29-2009, 02:11 AM   #60
damiensgirl
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenM View Post
is English your second language?
Is that you on that picture? Is black the first or second color of your hair? Such an important question,huh??
Some of you are incredible arrogant like Lauren and spamlet.is it some kind of
self defense?
It's amazing how this became so usefull for some of you spite your venom before it kill yourselves. I hope it makes you feel better about your own misery.If it does Im happy I helped your lives becoming a bit better.it's not good having so much anger inside. You can come to this thread and spite all you venom from time to time.
damiensgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
damien rice, gigs, hate, insanity, love, madness, musicians