Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Old 09-20-2014, 09:31 PM   #1
lod
Eskimo Regular

Default so who else did manage to get a ticket for dublin gig??

So excited to have secured a ticket for Damiens dublin gig.. Row f so pretty near too..have seen him before in marlay but this will be special.. ..I have heard so many were left disappointed.. Maybe he'l do another gig? Any other Eskimo friends going??
lod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 11:44 PM   #2
verenita
... trusty and true ...

i am (somehow my excitement feels so selfish, apologies for *showing it off*)... and it is very special to me as well i´ll be in row h, according to the confirmation... not the best but not to bad either, i believe.

Last edited by verenita; 09-21-2014 at 12:21 AM.
verenita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 11:57 PM   #3
lod
Eskimo Regular

I never intended to sound boastful,just excited to be going and was wondering who else was going.. Bord gais a beautiful space, and we both v lucky.. Dying to hear the new songs
Old 09-21-2014, 12:05 AM   #4
verenita
... trusty and true ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lod View Post
I never intended to sound boastful,just excited to be going and was wondering who else was going.. Bord gais a beautiful space, and we both v lucky.. Dying to hear the new songs

oh no, no, no, please, forgive me for the misunderstanding... i meant my own excitement (which is genuine, but it has a bittersweet taste, if it makes any sense). definitely, lucky... and looking forward ti it for sure

Last edited by verenita; 09-21-2014 at 12:21 AM.
verenita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 12:56 AM   #5
dawno
just mildly free

Happy for you Vere, and you as well Lod Enjoy!
dawno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 11:21 AM   #6
lod
Eskimo Regular

Anyone want to meet up for a drink before the gig??

Last edited by lod; 09-21-2014 at 04:20 PM.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:48 PM   #7
verenita
... trusty and true ...

hey, sorry i missed this... yes, let´s meet, i´ll be there with a friend.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:49 PM   #8
verenita
... trusty and true ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawno View Post
Happy for you Vere, and you as well Lod Enjoy!
thanks, dawno... i hope you haven´t given up just yet. reading that you couldn´t get a ticket broke my heart, as literal as it can be. fingers crossed
Old 09-24-2014, 09:57 AM   #9
owenv123
Eskimo Baby

Hi guys, I had a profile on here a while back, think it was TheCannonball or something, password and username long lost! Been a fan for years, managed to make it to the Trinity Chapel gig few years back when Damien played the 'everyone said it' song, hope it's on the album! Also made it to the Doyles anniversary gig he did with Glen Hansard, hope 'The Waiting Song' sees a release sometime also! I'll be going with a friend also!
owenv123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 12:05 PM   #10
verenita
... trusty and true ...

you are a privileged then
welcome back to the igloo and see you there
Old 09-26-2014, 10:27 AM   #11
lod
Eskimo Regular

That would be great to meet up before the gig. Thanks.. Let me know where :-D I'm new to Eskimo friends, enjoying reading and listening!!
Old 09-30-2014, 12:17 PM   #12
owenv123
Eskimo Baby

Thanks verenita, I have been fortunate to meet many Irish musicians over the years as I play myself! There are a few places that could be good, depends on how close to the BGET we want to be! There are a few places on the quays maybe?
Old 09-30-2014, 12:40 PM   #13
verenita
... trusty and true ...

so, do you usually busk around city centre? i must have seen and listen to you then i lived in dublin for two years and i´ve been coming and going over the last months.
Old 09-30-2014, 12:55 PM   #14
lod
Eskimo Regular

What about meeting up in the ferryman on the quays, very near and a good spot for a drink.. Anyone like to meet there? As I'm going to the gig alone, would love to meet some Eskimo friends beforehand
Old 09-30-2014, 01:10 PM   #15
verenita
... trusty and true ...

i don´t know the place, but i´m sure i can find it
let´s talk close to the date to arrange the details.
Old 09-30-2014, 01:35 PM   #16
lod
Eskimo Regular

Default Brilliant

That suits me..enjoying my second fling with Damien, so to speak, used to listen to him endlessly, and now find myself going back to his music, over and over... Loving the new tracks and excited to hear the new album..
Old 09-30-2014, 11:36 PM   #17
owenv123
Eskimo Baby

Yeah probably, I haven't busked in a while but you might remember me and my harmonica! Yeah I know the place well, would be a good shout, right beside the beckett bridge so nice and close! My friend is coming also and she's also a massive damo fan, so we can get excited together, looking forward to it!
Old 10-01-2014, 08:48 PM   #18
lod
Eskimo Regular

Getting excited about getting excited together about Damien
Old 10-16-2014, 02:31 PM   #19
owenv123
Eskimo Baby

Reading all the reports and checking out all the new videos is making me really excited for this show!! Are we the only eskimos going in Dublin??
Old 10-26-2014, 01:34 AM   #20
Vicko
Eskimo Baby

Hi, Ive only just recently been introduced to Damien Rice's music. My friend (who is a massive Damien Rice fan) and I will also be going to the concert in Dublin. To say we are excited to be going to his concert is an understatement. Its been a challenge getting tickets, but we got them and we're coming My mate, shes from Forida USA and me from New Zealand.

Last edited by Vicko; 10-26-2014 at 01:41 AM.
Vicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 06:05 PM   #21
lod
Eskimo Regular

Let's all meet up beforehand.. Have a drink and get into a frenzy of excitement together.. Lol..Reading all the reviews, so many different songs, I'm sooooooo excited :-D..I'm hoping for something old( animals were gone maybe ) something new ( idwtcy) something borrowed ( I'm sure we'll get some old irish tunes, maybe the aul triangle) and something blue..by that I mean sad!!! Everything Damien plays is Blue( ish) some more than others, maybe Accidental babies...what are others hoping to hear?? I can't help thinking that the Dublin gig going to be really special... Although can anything beat the NYC one,the small intimate one that was just amazing.. Was it the one in the Box? I'm so grateful to everyone for recording and posting and sharing.. Best fans ever on this site <3

Last edited by lod; 10-27-2014 at 07:18 PM.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:25 AM   #22
Vicko
Eskimo Baby

Hi guys,
We'd both love to meet up before the concert, is the ferryman on the quays still the meeting point ??? We are both new to Ireland, and short of getting lost, we'd like to meet fellow eskimos beforehand. I always think that seeing a musician play in his own country is special, so of course we are looking forward to this concert especially. Im a fan of music sung from the soul, and Damien does this better than most.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:28 AM   #23
Vicko
Eskimo Baby

Oh incidentally, if anybody knows of someone needing 2 tickets to the concert, we may have some. We'll be moving around Ireland next few days, but we'll keep an eye out should anybody be looking for tickets. See u soon guys.
Old 10-29-2014, 06:42 PM   #24
owenv123
Eskimo Baby

Can't wait to meet everyone! I think The Ferryman is still good to go, what time would suit most people? Also if you still have those tickets come Monday I'm sure I know some people Vicko! Let's see if an eskimo gets them first!
Old 10-29-2014, 11:08 PM   #25
lod
Eskimo Regular

What time are people free after work to meet?? Yes the ferryman a good spot in terms of location. It should be a v special gig in Dublin :-D.. Or maybe I'm biased being a dub!
Old 10-29-2014, 11:30 PM   #26
jupitercrash
Nothing is lost...

The Ferryman is a great shout, and a perfect location to meet... I just have to convince my brain to stop involuntarily reminding me of that awful Chris de Burgh song.

"Is there any other type of Chris de Burgh song?", I hear you say.

"Too true", I reply, "too true".

There are singer-songwriters and there are singer-songwriters.
jupitercrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 12:24 AM   #27
lod
Eskimo Regular

Ah who doesn't like a little bit of lady in red....is dancing with Me...I digress.... What time?? Six ish???
Old 10-30-2014, 03:00 PM   #28
verenita
... trusty and true ...

doors open at 7pm, right? i guess six-ish will be fine. you have a hint of how i look like on my profile i´m going with a friend, also dark hair and looking nothing like irish, hehe...

i wish i could bring my mate... but i did it when i saw him in buenos aires (though it was insanely hot!)... when in dublin... you go to a pub
Old 10-30-2014, 04:30 PM   #29
lod
Eskimo Regular

It's pretty hot for dublin in October ,, almost November !! !! !!

Last edited by lod; 10-30-2014 at 07:58 PM.
Old 10-30-2014, 04:35 PM   #30
verenita
... trusty and true ...

i meant like 38º C (or more!) in the shade, hehe... what a great day it was
Old 10-30-2014, 08:34 PM
lod
This message has been deleted by lod.