Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Old 09-12-2003, 09:27 PM   #1
Funky Avocado
Eskimo Regular

Someone who was there fill in the 2 mysteries? Damien's engineer told me the name of the song and said it was going to be on the second of 2 new albums but I can't remember it for the life of me. The other mystery song was called Distant Man maybe? Never heard it but loved it and I thought it was probably a cover.

El Mocambo - Toronto
-----------------------

Delicate
Volcano
???????
Prague
Woman Like a Man
Professor>
Babylon> (D. Gray 2nd verse)
La Fille Damse
Purple Haze> (J. Hendrix)
Jam>
Insane
Amie
Eskimo
????????
Blower's Daughter Part I

E: I'm So Childish
Cannonball
I Remember
When Doves Cry (Prince)
Babe I'm Gonna Leave Ya (Led Zeppelin)
Funky Avocado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 10:54 PM   #2
messyjessie
Eskimo Friend

after volcano was older chests, and then the song "for tomo" which yeah, i have no idea, but loved as well.... after eskimo, i really have no idea, but i think it was an irish song, as only the irish kids there were singing along.. but that's just my assumption... all i remember from it was "ooh ooh ooh... mr. _____" no idea. maybe someone on here can help?

well, i hope i helped a wee bit at least [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]
where abouts were you anyway? i prolly saw you!

jessie
messyjessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 11:07 PM   #3
messyjessie
Eskimo Friend

oh! and i wrote down a line from the first song, in hopes of finding out what the heck it was... the word "grey" was mentioned about 15 times, and at the end he kept repeating "have i still got you?"... so if anyone can help out with that maybe....?

also, during the soundcheck he did a song i didn't recognize.... did you see the soundcheck from the window? i really liked this song, but again-no idea what it was... damien has to stop confusing us by throwing out all these amazing songs that we don't know! anyway, a line from the soundcheck song was "let me out. you know you're wrong"... any guesses?

oh! also remembered-in the "ooh ooh ooh mr. ____" song, damo also did a few lines of "kiss" by prince... which is nice, as i love that prince song.... yay!
ok... i think that's all for now... i need rest!
Old 09-13-2003, 04:11 PM   #4
wavegoodbye
Eskimo Friend

Yeah I caught a "You say I never stick up for you..." line of the first song if that helps.

The song that went something like "You don't have to be beautiful....(something, something)......You don't have to be experienced." Is that "Insane" or another song??

And what was the song that Vivyenne played? That was so cute. She was so shy about it. I love how she made Damien stay next to her and how he helped her set up the mic. So sweet!!!

wavegoodbye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 09:21 PM   #5
messyjessie
Eskimo Friend

the "you don't have to be beautiful" bit was the part when he was covering prince's song "kiss" and that was in the middle of the "oooh oooh ooooh mr. whatever" song...

vyvienne's solo was the hendrix song in the setlist posted above... and yeah, she was adorable!!! sooo shy... the guy i was with kept telling me he was in love with her after that... hehe... silly boys

btw-are you a david gray fan by any chance?
Old 09-14-2003, 11:36 AM   #6
wavegoodbye
Eskimo Friend

Yep. David Gray is one of my favourites!!
Old 09-14-2003, 07:39 PM   #7
messyjessie
Eskimo Friend

yeah, i assumed so by yer name i'm a dg fan too... without him i never would have heard of damo... well, eventually, but prolly not as soon as i did... i was lucky enough to get into him right around the same time as all the irish kids

did you love when damo went into that bit of babylon the other night? lovely!
Old 09-15-2003, 11:33 AM   #8
FredDaNinjaPunk
Eskimo Regular

Yep I think I'm in love with Vyvienne now too, after the Boston show!!! She seems to be a really cool girl!
Old 09-15-2003, 02:52 PM   #9
rubberduckie
Eskimo Baby

Hey Funky....did the Canadians ever let you out of that parking garage? Just wondering what happned to you the day after the show....Alex

Thanks again for the ticket by the way.
rubberduckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 05:07 PM   #10
Funky Avocado
Eskimo Regular

Hey You! Finally got my car out of there the next day.. The hotel ended up putting me next to a room with a huge party going on.. After a try to see if they would quiet down a tad, I gave up and joined them Didn't leave Toronto till Friday afternoon sometime.. I dig that city..

Have fun with the rest of the shows.. Nashville, Chicago, and Pittsburgh right?!? Sick! Make sure to post a setlist! Cheers
Old 09-15-2003, 05:26 PM   #11
Funky Avocado
Eskimo Regular

By the way, did you remember what the name of that 3rd song was in the set that he said he was going to play for Tomo? Something like "Standing on" or "Spiraling on".. If you have a chance ask Jonathan or Damien when you go next.. That schmoked!
Old 09-15-2003, 05:40 PM   #12
wavegoodbye
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by messyjessie
yeah, i assumed so by yer name i'm a dg fan too... without him i never would have heard of damo... well, eventually, but prolly not as soon as i did... i was lucky enough to get into him right around the same time as all the irish kids

did you love when damo went into that bit of babylon the other night? lovely!

Yeah I heard about David Gray through Dave Matthews (that was a long time ago) and then I heard about Damien through David Gray. That was only a few months ago but I've listened to practically nothing else since then.

And Babylon was GREAT!!

Old 09-15-2003, 05:48 PM   #13
Wheels
Eskimo Enigma

You heard about Damien through David Gray??
Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 09:44 PM   #14
messyjessie
Eskimo Friend

oui oui... the david gray website... i used to go on all the time... i kept reading about damo and everyone said how lovely he was... then in january 2002, some of us did a "mix tape exchange" and the gurl i traded with included "i remember" and "cannonball" on the tape she sent me...then i understood what everyone was talking about but i still didn't obsess... but then a few months after that i was listening to it again and fell madly in love with "i remember"... and here i am now...

funky avacado-was that song a cover? or was it a new damo song? it was quite brilliant and it damn well be a damo song!!!