Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 06-15-2016, 09:49 AM   #1
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

Default What Have You Done to Her Face

unreleased song, performed for the first time at the Grado aftershow a few years ago...

looks like he played it again the other day in Singapore... but cannot find it on YT or anywhere

cannot believe no one taped it???

post it please if anyone taped it/finds it
Old 06-18-2016, 08:27 PM   #2
Shillelagh
Eskimo Bro

I've never even heard of this one. Is it good?
Shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 09:05 PM   #3
damien lisa
am i breaking u

^
the lyric is good, i'm not into the song
Old 06-18-2016, 10:46 PM   #4
JSteggs
Eskimo Friend

I think the guitar part sounds Lisa-esque. It's definitely not a typical Damo song. A little more lighthearted than usual.
JSteggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 07:20 AM   #5
glo32
Eskimo Regular

I'm in love with the song, great lyrics and the music is very different from anything damien has done previously... more like a flow of lyrics, without any chorus, it reminds me a bit of "what if I'm wrong" in some way...

I hope he really starts playing this one and Stoic on regular shows, and maybe include them in the next album.

Remember that time he said in a Hotpress interview that he wants to make an album of songs that don't have any crescendo like the "normal Damien Rice song", but that when the song starts, it's all in there?
I like to think What Have You Done To Her Face is a song that might be on that album. And I love that kind of albums, with repetitive (and sometimes almost "boring") music but with great lyrics something like the latest Alexi Murdoch album, you know.
I'd really love that from Damien.

- found that piece of interview, here it is:

“From a really silly, light-hearted, point of view, let’s say this is a normal Damien Rice song,” he says, pinching the napkin in at one end and widening it out at the other. “This is an audio waveform I’m going to make for you. If you look at an audio waveform for a normal Damien Rice song, it looks like that. It starts off really quietly, builds a little bit for the chorus, then really quiet, then there’s this big build up at the end (adjusts napkin accordingly). That’s the way it looks if you look at the audio files.”
He unfolds the napkin, shakes it, and holds it up in front of him – a perfect rectangle.
“I want to make a record of songs that look like that. That basically the moment they start, they’re there.”
glo32 is offline   Reply With Quote