Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Everything Else > Introduce Yourself

Old 03-30-2004, 05:52 PM   #1
Debs
Eskimo Baby

* Hey ppl. Im writing a music journalism piece for college and part of it entails why a certain music appeals to certain pplId appreciate your opinions on what you feel is appealing (or not also) aboutDamien Rice & co's music,a general opinion of the the album 'O'. Cheers! (darlin? )
Watcha lookin at me for?
Debs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 05:59 PM   #2
Miss Pink
Eskimo Regular

Hey im 16 so im gonna rant. I love damo's mucis cuz it lets u now that u aint the only one out there goin thru sh*t. His words say whatwe subconsiously think and havent found words forIts a beautiful raw emotion put on2 a cd for the world to judge and connect2. This music appeals to me cuz it thruthful honest and no1 can say that he is wrong. Music is very cheep (and sometimes free) thearpy. I no it helped me through hard times. It lets u open the flood gates or it sums up ur emotion 4u when ur lost for words. To sum up my point read my signature. Gemma said it all.

Hope I've helped,

xxxx
Old 03-30-2004, 06:12 PM   #3
Debs
Eskimo Baby

Hey, thanks a mil for that. Im grateful for any opinions i can ad to my piece (good or bad but considering this is a fan site, i dont think ill get many bad wordssaid about aul damo) Anywho...reply soon ppl.

Merci Beaucoup xXx
Watcha lookin at me for?
Old 03-30-2004, 07:23 PM   #4
The Weatherman
Eskimo Regular

hello and welcome to you! [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]
Old 03-30-2004, 07:41 PM   #5
naestopaz
Eskimo Regular

Hi Debs, I am old enough...and was turned on the Damien & Bands passion. Seeing them live was even better. Lisa's rendition of of 'Be my husband', V's cover of White Stripes,'Seven Nation Army'....all of their passion is really an awe inspiring energy vibe not experienced with another band...except for David Gray...or Zero7....AS OF YET. The lyrics are personable...and friends from different cultures, people who dig other types of music are even turned on to Damien Rice's music. Personally, I listen to DR & Band when the emotions are high...and I want to ride them out. Oh, and during the work hour commute....lots of singing,wailing and grinning then. Damien Rice and Band has the lyrics that remind me to be real...and not get sucked into my computerized, superficial work life.....enough rambling. Hope this gives ya some ideas...etc.. Thx for reading this far. [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]
Old 03-30-2004, 07:47 PM   #6
Magnus
Eskimo Regular

Hi and welcome! [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

I like Damien Rice's music because it speaks to every inch of my heart, and not much music does that. I guess that's it.. [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]
Old 03-30-2004, 07:54 PM   #7
Louise
Eskimo Regular

I've spent all day trying to figure out how to explain why I love damien rice's music and im finding it very difficult. I think its because both the music and lyrics so perfectly fit each other and are meaningful on so many levels. Everyone I know can identify with damiens music on one level or another. I also love the combination of damien and lisa and the general vibe of the band. Each person plays a vital role I feel and they are a killer combination. The music touches me, the first time I heard damien was live and I swear I was sucked in and though of nothing else for weeks. That doesn't happen very often.

Damien is SPECIAL.
Old 03-30-2004, 08:28 PM   #8
Magnus
Eskimo Regular

You win Louise! [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]A lot better than what I wrote! [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]
Old 03-30-2004, 08:31 PM   #9
Louise
Eskimo Regular

thanks magnus but I dont feel it was very articulate! Very stressful night in work. [img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]
Old 03-30-2004, 08:35 PM   #10
Magnus
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louise
Damien is SPECIAL.
Well, articulate or not, that one covers pretty much everything by itself! [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]
Old 03-30-2004, 08:36 PM   #11
Louise
Eskimo Regular

[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2004, 07:23 PM   #12
Debs
Eskimo Baby

~ Hey ppl,debs here. Many thanks for ur replies and views. They'll all be used in my journailsm piece.[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]Youve bn a big help. Thanks again [img]smileys/smiley20.gif[/img]
Watcha lookin at me for?