Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Trading

Old 11-12-2003, 04:36 PM   #1
hans&franz
Eskimo Baby

can anyone help me out with the setlist for this show? db.etree.org has it listed as such:

01. Delicate
02. Volcano
03. Face
04. I Remember
05. Cannonball
06. Groovin'
07. Woman Like A Man
08. Baby Sister
09. The Blower's Daughter
10. Lord Won't You Buy Me A MB
11. Cold Water
12. Childish
13. La Professor & La Fille Danse
14. Me, My Yoke And I

which seems to just be a cut and paste from the 09/02/02 show and i am confused. because the discs i got are definitely not this setlist. was wondering if anyone could compare theirs so that i can make sure i have the right now. any help would be appreciated. thanks!

[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]t
hans&franz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 05:27 PM   #2
Angela
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hans&franz
which seems to just be a cut and paste from the 09/02/02 show
Now you are confusing me! [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img] If it's a cut and paste from the info file why should it be wrong? This *is* the correct listing.

The art work for the show is here
Angela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 06:09 PM   #3
short and curly
Eskimo Baby

hi ya i was in the lobby bar once its way cool. what ja think of the owners daughter yeah or neah!!!! [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2003, 08:40 PM   #4
neil_eats
Eskimo Regular

lol 'the owners daughter'. she wasnt 'a woman like her dad' 'the professorla phil donce' the infamous 'cannibal'?
neil_eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 08:43 PM   #5
hans&franz
Eskimo Baby

ok i might just be confused. apparently there are two entries in the database. i guess because of the whole us and uk difference in the way we write the date someone entered it twice. once under 02/09/02 and then 09/02/02. i am supposing then that the one for09/02/02 never happened.but they both have the same setlist and were entered by different people.i don'tmine matches the setlist above. but i will have to listen to it again and try to figure out the setlist for sure and then see if i can find out what show it is. i have too many shows floating around and may have mixed myself up. thanks.

t

Edited by: hans&franz
hans&franz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 10:03 PM   #6
Angela
Eskimo Regular

Yeah, the date thing always trips people up. I now write mine in a (Jan 12 03) format. It's just one more letter and clearer.

The way you can tell the Lobby Bar one is from the Professor: it's the "kid's version". Not only is it censored, but also Damo sings it the way you would talk to a small child who is just an "it-sy-bit-sy-too-lit-tle" to undersatand what it's all about. Very cute [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2003, 10:04 PM   #7
Loveless
Eskimo Regular

I'm trying to compile a (complete) list of Damien live recordings and radio performances at the moment and have them all on one web page, which might make things a bit easier Edited by: Loveless
Loveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 10:17 PM   #8
Angela
Eskimo Regular

How do you keep up, Brenners? [img]smileys/smiley3.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2003, 11:48 PM   #9
Loveless
Eskimo Regular

well I have to go through them all at the moment as part of archiving them from CD>>DVD. a lot of effort to get them all sorted out.. GB's worth of stuff [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]

plus I need to compile the list so that I don't end up downloading full shows in work that I already have at home.Edited by: Loveless
Old 11-13-2003, 12:24 AM   #10
Angela
Eskimo Regular

Well, better now than later! [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2003, 08:22 AM   #11
kermit
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela
Yeah, the date thing always trips people up. I now write mine in a (Jan 12 03) format. It's just one more letter and clearer.

i think it's best using yyyy-mm-dd format - this way a list of dates sorted alphabetically isalso indexed chronologically.

try to keep track of 200 live shows on your PC and if you can't sort them by date... that's one big problem.
Old 11-13-2003, 09:24 AM   #12
DaveG
Eskimo Regular

well damien played in the lobby on 9th of feb 2002..........didn't play on the 2nd of sept 2002 now if that's of any help
DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 10:26 AM   #13
Angela
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kermit
i think it's best using yyyy-mm-dd format - this way a list of dates sorted alphabetically is*also indexed chronologically.
You are right, that is the best way of doing it if you are into live shows and want to sort them by date.

I find that too hard to decipher because it's unnnatural to read dates backwards and so it takes extra mental effort. I'm also bilingual, so 031009, if I translate it to 09 10 03 my brain still has two ways to interpret it.

That was today's essay on information processing. [img]smileys/smiley23.gif[/img] my way is easier on my brain [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2003, 11:50 AM   #14
Daniel
Eskimo Regular

this mix up with the date is that he played 2 gig's in the Lobby that day. one at 4 (for U18's maybe), went to dinner, had a bit of drink and another gig at around 9 (i was at this one). Unless i'm mistaken
Can't remember the set list. its nearly 2 years ago.
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 07:27 PM   #15
Loveless
Eskimo Regular

your close.. I think they played the Lobby in Cork city in the afternoon (because you can hear during one of the songs when they say it's 18:40 and they were supposed to have finished playing by 18:30 or something like that).. and then they played another gig the same day in DeBarra's, Clonakilty which is about an hour's drive away.