Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Musician Stuff

Old 04-10-2004, 03:46 PM   #1
Closing Doors
Eskimo Regular

I was reading an article in the Day and Night mag that comes with the Independent on a Friday, and it was on about how much it costs to perform covers live. I was just thinking, how on earth could this be monitored ? If you take someone like Damo who doesn't have a setlist, and plays what he feels like, how can you gauge how many covers he's playing and by whom ?
but they never seem to fade away"
Closing Doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 03:56 PM   #2
Magnus
Eskimo Regular

I though all artists are required to write down a setlist after the show (?) Not positively, sure though, but that is what I have heard is common practice. I think most venues pay an annual fee for these kind of things (cost depending on sizeof the venue etc). I am really not an expert on these things...just what I have heard.

Did it say that the performing artist had to pay for performing the covers? That would be wierd. I thought it was just the venues (ormore presicely theorganizers of the show)that would pay those fees. Or was the article about how you as a songwriter still get paid for your songs even if it is someone else who is performing them live (and not just on recordings)?

Edit: It would be really nice if someone could tell a bit more about this. I find it an interesting topic.Edited by: Magnus