Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Musician Stuff

Old 12-29-2006, 10:08 PM   #1
Calum
Eskimo Regular

Default 9 Crimes vocals

Does anyone have sheet music for the vocals of 9 Crimes? Me and a friend are thinking of doing a Damien Rice song for a GCSE Music performance, and it will be handy.

Thanks.
Calum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:51 AM   #2
rockthesmurf
Friend

I transcribed the piano for this, but didn't bother with the vocals as I thought it'd take too long, however, after doing the vocals for Rootless Tree Live it appears it doesn't take as long as I first thought, so perhaps I'll have a chance to add vocals to my score for you.

No promises though,

Steve
xo
Old 01-02-2007, 02:05 PM   #3
Calum
Eskimo Regular

Ah yes, i actually used your score to learn the piano part for her, and have worked out my own guitar part; it was very useful.

I would be really grateful if you could, because one of the requirements of the GCSE is that you have to have the score so they can mark your recording on exactly what you're playing.

Hope you can.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:35 PM   #4
PenguinBoy
Appreciative Minion

is it for your group performance? or solo?

cos i just printed off a tab. and wrote that the song was my interpretation of what i heard with my ears.

I got an A! *dances*

The only reason is so they have something to follow, when u're singing. If they don't know the song they're likely to find it hard to do that and know where you're supposed to be going with it.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:46 PM   #5
Calum
Eskimo Regular

It's my group performance. Yeah, i can tab out my interpretation on guitar, and i have rockthesmurf's piano score, but just need the vocals score so they can follow. My friend was going to sing for his solo performance, but he didn't have the vocals score so he couldn't do it.

So unfortunately, it's pretty important!
Old 01-02-2007, 09:29 PM   #6
rockthesmurf
Friend

I haven't changed my decision (which was that I might be able to do the vocals for you if I have a chance), but thought I should point out, if you are doing this for a GCSE performance piece you should probably be capable of transcribing the vocals yourself, for it's a simple melody and you have to do quite something comparable in the GSCE exam (well I did with my exam board at the time anyway)!

The best way to learn is to just try it, it's one of them things that near anyone can do if they spend enough time on it, you can just go through each note that is sung, one by one, and work out what the note is (on a keyboard or guitar or what ever else you have to hand), although I guess getting the timing correct is a little harder if you haven't got a midi sequencer package at your disposal. If however you have a sequencer with sibelius installed that you can make use of I'd be more than happy to share the silbelius score file with you so you can modify/add to it as you wish.

Steve
xo
Old 01-02-2007, 09:40 PM   #7
Calum
Eskimo Regular

Yeah, i suppose you have a point there, and i can do it; i can play the melody line on the piano. However, there a two problems: 1. I'm lazy, and that's no excuse really. 2. I can't read music. Well, i used to play clarinet, and i could then, but now i've forgotten how to oddly enough. However, i'm trying my best to get it into my system again. I actually read your score for piano with a lot of help; someone read it for me and i picked it up quickly, which i'm good at doing.

Never mind, i'll do it myself, it's good for me.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:52 AM   #8
rockthesmurf
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum
Yeah, i suppose you have a point there, and i can do it; i can play the melody line on the piano. However, there a two problems: 1. I'm lazy, and that's no excuse really. 2. I can't read music. Well, i used to play clarinet, and i could then, but now i've forgotten how to oddly enough. However, i'm trying my best to get it into my system again. I actually read your score for piano with a lot of help; someone read it for me and i picked it up quickly, which i'm good at doing.

Never mind, i'll do it myself, it's good for me.
Excellent to hear, if you have any problems let me know and I'll try to help.

Steve
xo
Old 01-04-2007, 10:57 PM   #9
Nine
Inuit

would if I could Cal!

(incase you didn't get that, I can't)

hehe

good luck x
Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 09:36 AM   #10
Calum
Eskimo Regular

Thanks. In fact... i could leave it up to my female singer, she can read music! Nah, that's not fair, i'll do my parts.