Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Old 12-11-2006, 09:04 PM   #1
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

Default Still desperately need just 1 ticket for Friday (Philly)

Anyone that has an extra ticket for the Upper Darby, PA Tower Theatre show please PM me! Face value will be paid in cash in person (I am going to get there early in the morning for the World cafe radio gig).
Old 12-11-2006, 09:16 PM   #2
jossfan
Eskimo Baby

As of today there were still tickets available through ticketmaster --- my friend just got orchestra seats that way.

Good luck!

ps - I'm so excited about seeing him @ xpn. Its just down the street from my lab and we're all going!
jossfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:19 PM   #3
commonsense
Eskimo Regular

hmm, "face value" doesn't seem desperate enough for me.... left orch HH
commonsense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 10:09 PM   #4
Timeé
Intello

spamlet isnt a desperate guy. he has more depth. someone give him a chance here.
A couple of bucks from you?
Timeé is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 10:32 PM   #5
Five Leaves Left
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by commonsense
a lot of people, including myself, strongly despise the selling of tickets above face value. this price-gouging should definately not exist on a friendly place like the igloo.
Five Leaves Left is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 10:37 PM   #6
Five Leaves Left
Eskimo Regular

yesterday ticketmaster was sold out, just now they seem to have some in row BB (actual 7th row) of the orch
Old 12-11-2006, 10:38 PM   #7
commonsense
Eskimo Regular

i believe in the free market. right now, i'm trying to GIVE THE TICKET AWAY!
Old 12-11-2006, 10:38 PM   #8
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

Quote:
That's because true fans never try to gut each other for more than they paid for the ticket themselves. People here know that I've gone almost broke trying to see him at every venue in the area this week. Happily so.

So no, sir, I'm not desperate enough to have you make your hundred dollar a ticket profit to exploit a starving artist like myself. Keep your 8th row seats along with your greed. I've been 8th row to see him before anyway and in a place that only sat about 250.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:48 PM   #9
Five Leaves Left
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
i believe in the free market.
so do i; but i wouldnt sell a ticket to a friend for more than face value and the igloo isnt about making money, thats for places like ebay.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:52 PM   #10
commonsense
Eskimo Regular

im trying to GIVE THE TICKET AWAY to friends. Spamlet is some internet person (no offense meant). Might as well be a complete stranger, OF COURSE he's a fellow fan, that's why he wants the ticket. Mario D seems to have one available by the way
Old 12-11-2006, 10:56 PM   #11
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

Actually, he's got two. Waiting to hear from him if he'll sell just one. As they said though, on the website right now they're once again selling orch. seats in row BB so apparently your markup power for row HH was just lost.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:03 PM   #12
commonsense
Eskimo Regular

like i said, im TRYING TO GIVE THE TICKET AWAY! i have every reason to believe that i will be taking a friend along for free.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:09 PM   #13
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

That's great but I don't see why the extremity of value. Either you'll give it away or you'll charge up the wazoo? Missing the logic in your levels of generosity.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:18 PM   #14
commonsense
Eskimo Regular

firstly, i never said what i would want for it. i like my friends, a lot. random internet people pay what the market will bear. if your price point, for financial or principled reasons is lower than i am willing to sell for, we aren't the proper buyer/seller match. Go to craigslist.org for philly and search tickets for damien rice.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:35 AM   #15
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

I'd been on Philly's craigslist trying since last week. A few times I almost had tickets. My sister was originally trying to go with me but she couldn't get out of work. That changed everything from needing 2 seats to 1. I'm also out of state which some people don't want to deal with. BTW, "what the market will bear" is face value. Thankfully, it's actually illegal in both NY and PA to sell tickets unreasonably above what you paid.

Anyway, a very kind eskimo actually came through with a great ticket for me in center MM and is charging me BELOW face for it. He and I have never me either. All I can say is thank God not everyone else here shares your view of what strangers are. I look at them as potential friends I just haven't happened to meet yet. I guess he did too and I am eternally grateful to him for it.

Made my whole year!
Old 12-12-2006, 11:54 AM   #16
mr. boland
Eskimo Regular

Thumbs up

your very welcome buddy.
mr. boland is offline   Reply With Quote