Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Everything Else > Introduce Yourself

Old 05-24-2007, 11:03 PM   #1
TimeIsContagious
Eskimo Baby

Default 'ello!

Hey all! I am new here to the forums. A lil background. I am from a town in north dakota that is rather big for nd but TINY in most other people's views . In 2004 I do believe I saw volcano on vh1. at first I didn't particularly like the song. after about a month of seeing it, I was hooked. I then ordered o online because my town does not have any of damien's music. I was soon hooked on the cd, pretty much wore it out. my obsession dropped for a while from about 2005 (still loved the music, but didn't listen to the cd so much). I wasn't keeping up with any damien news or such in 2005-2006, BUT I became an avid grey's anatomy fan in the summer of 06. In late 06, one of my favorite episodes with my favorite moment ever aired, and there was a song playing. even having cooled with my damien love, I immediately recognized lisa's voice, and then damien's came in soon after. This was how I was reintroduced to damien via grey's anatomy and 9 crimes. I very soon bought 9 and am back to my fandom.

So in late april, on a whim I checked on damien's official site for tour dates. he just happened to be coming to minneapolis on may 15. my good friend from HS lives there, so I thought why not go visit her and see damien? so I made the 8+ hour trip in my car, by myself because I couldn't get anyone else to come with me, keeping boredom away by listening to damien on the way. The concert in minneapolis was SO worth the drive. I was most amazed by how great damien is LIVE. how some artists sound like crap live, like they are offkey and you can TELL that on their albums, each track took 20+ takes and they only put the very best on there. Well, I felt like each and every song damien performed could have been the final version on an album. Pretty much I felt like I was listening to a cd, quality wise, except that he switched so much up, made the songs better than on the albums. Needless to say, I dreaded when the concert was finished.

Since then, I have come here to eskimofriends, and really started getting into some of the unreleased material. Before that I had o, 9, and b-sides.

So this is the story of my rebirth into damien-world! woot!
Old 05-25-2007, 09:52 AM   #2
cille
creepycute

Nice intro - welcome!
Old 05-25-2007, 10:54 AM   #3
Wheels
Eskimo Enigma

Welcome

Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 11:10 AM   #4
happy2bhere
Eskimo Regular

welcome
Old 05-28-2007, 09:45 PM   #5
Ligi
Adore Adore

Omgosh, thats exactly how I discovered him! Early morning randomly on VH1, Volcano played... I, on the other hand, fell immediately in love!

Welcome, Im Ligi.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:18 PM   #6
jeh LAH nee
Eskimo Baby

*waves*

jeh LAH nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:34 PM   #7
nolovenoglory
Eskimo Baby

I actually saw/heard him for the first time on the MTV2 music awards when he played volcano live. There were many famous musicians there, all of whom claimed that Damien Rice was the best new artist they had heard in quite some time. To me, his lyrics were the most beauriful I had heard since John Lennon. I bought his CD the next day.
nolovenoglory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 03:42 AM   #8
verenita
... trusty and true ...

welcome!...
i can´t barely believe this... i live in southamerica, so the most tv shows are delayed... i´m wachting grey´s anatomy right now (i mean, while i´m reading this threat)... suddenly, i hear (slowly) "sleep, dont´weep..."... this is the episode wich meredith almost die...
jsut... wow!
Old 05-29-2007, 01:29 PM   #9
nolovenoglory
Eskimo Baby

Grey room was played on "House" earlier this year...If I hadn't heard it on there I wouldn't have known Damo had a new CD out. There is a lack of good music promoted in my country. If you're not Brittany or Justin, the radio ignores you. It's almost like the execs. have decided that only 12-17 year old kids listen to music now.
nolovenoglory is offline   Reply With Quote