Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 08-14-2018, 09:17 PM   #1
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

Default "Braven"

If you happen to see this movie like I just did because we like the star of it (although I don't recommend you do unless it's just to make fun of how progressively stupid the script gets) you will doubtless be struck by the similarity of the main title score to a certain recent Damo improv ("It was rough"). Since it was released more than 6 months ago and doesn't seem like the kind of film Damo would ever want to see, it's probably fairly safe to chalk this fact up to mere coincidence.
Old 08-21-2018, 11:15 AM   #2
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

do you have a link? couldn't find the song

anyway, the improvised song in Spain, the chords were given to him by the audience, so that was what he was playing
Old 08-23-2018, 07:51 PM   #3
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

Like I said, it isn't a song per se. It's the score (the composed background music in a movie that sets the emotional tone for each scene). The main theme usually played under the credits is the melody which gets repeated several times.

Also it was not the chords for the improv that reminded me of it but rather the chorus that everyone sings along to.