Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Trading

Old 11-15-2006, 10:31 PM   #31
commonsense
Eskimo Regular

anyone having trouble listening to the show in Winamp? It supports FLAC, but whenever I try to play one of the files i get "Winamp has caused an eeror in IN_FLAC.DLL Winamp will now close."

Works in VLC, and I looked over at the winamp forums but couldnt find anything. Anyone got any ideas?
commonsense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 10:42 PM   #32
AllThatLies
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by commonsense
anyone having trouble listening to the show in Winamp? It supports FLAC, but whenever I try to play one of the files i get "Winamp has caused an eeror in IN_FLAC.DLL Winamp will now close."

Works in VLC, and I looked over at the winamp forums but couldnt find anything. Anyone got any ideas?
no clue about the flac plugin, i've never had problems. you could just convert to wav though. easier, especially if you're going to try and burn audio discs, make mp3s for yourself, etc
AllThatLies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 12:27 AM   #33
dawno
just mildly free

Thanks so much for this.... really hoping someone tapes tomorrow night's Hiro show...
dawno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 12:29 AM   #34
AllThatLies
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawno
Thanks so much for this.... really hoping someone tapes tomorrow night's Hiro show...
it was in the works but i'm not sure if anyone got tickets. at least one beacon show should be covered though...i'll let everyone know if i hear anything
Old 11-16-2006, 12:40 AM   #35
dawno
just mildly free

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllThatLies
no clue about the flac plugin, i've never had problems. you could just convert to wav though. easier, especially if you're going to try and burn audio discs, make mp3s for yourself, etc

I understand that there is indeed a FLAC plugin for winamp... but have never felt the need to download it. FLAC is a lossless format - converting the files to lossy mp3 format basically is defeating its purpose. I always archive my flac files onto cd-r or dvd+r, decode to wav and burn a cd (for use on my good stereo) and import said WAV files into iTunes (in AAC format) to be played on my iPod. You can also put WAVs on your iPod, but they eat up a lot more space. Anyway, to each his or her own... if you want mp3's for personal use, then that's of course your prerogative, and perfectly acceptable, just realise that it's common courtesy to honour a taper's wishes if he/she asks that one NOT convert to mp3 and spread it, doing so is unacceptable in the serious trading community.

Can't wait til my download finishes up... really looking forward to hearing this recording... it'll give me a taste of what we might be in store for tomorrow night.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:44 AM   #36
dawno
just mildly free

Quote:
it was in the works but i'm not sure if anyone got tickets. at least one beacon show should be covered though...i'll let everyone know if i hear anything
Thanks again - I do appreciate it.... I'll keep my eyes peeled tomorrow night looking for someone with mikes in their hat! If memory serves, the Tower Theatre & Beacon gigs in 2004 surfaced very quickly....

Bittorrent truly has spoiled me!!!
Old 11-16-2006, 05:02 AM   #37
SilentNight
Eskimo Regular

thank you so much!

it was great show, thank you again for making it possible for us to listen to.

Last edited by SilentNight; 11-16-2006 at 01:03 PM.
SilentNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 07:52 AM   #38
AllThatLies
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
I understand that there is indeed a FLAC plugin for winamp... but have never felt the need to download it. FLAC is a lossless format - converting the files to lossy mp3 format basically is defeating its purpose. I always archive my flac files onto cd-r or dvd+r, decode to wav and burn a cd (for use on my good stereo) and import said WAV files into iTunes (in AAC format) to be played on my iPod. You can also put WAVs on your iPod, but they eat up a lot more space. Anyway, to each his or her own... if you want mp3's for personal use, then that's of course your prerogative, and perfectly acceptable, just realise that it's common courtesy to honour a taper's wishes if he/she asks that one NOT convert to mp3 and spread it, doing so is unacceptable in the serious trading community.

Can't wait til my download finishes up... really looking forward to hearing this recording... it'll give me a taste of what we might be in store for tomorrow night.
are you trying to educate me or the general public here? if it's the former may i just say i find it hilarious that somebody is telling me (the taper) about flac/mp3/etc and to honor my own wishes lol

Last edited by AllThatLies; 11-16-2006 at 08:14 AM.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:17 PM   #39
dawno
just mildly free

Quote:
are you trying to educate me or the general public here? if it's the former may i just say i find it hilarious that somebody is telling me (the taper) about flac/mp3/etc and to honor my own wishes lol

Certainly not you... in fact, after I posted this last night (after a very very long & draining day with my mom fighting for her life on an operating table) I realised that I should include a disclaimer that this was NOT directed at you, but I simply was too damn tired.... It's obvious you know what you're doing.... and I can't thank you enough for your continued efforts.

Apologies if my post was offensive to you, it was not intended to be... being somewhat of an audiophile myself, I'm a purist, and have strong convictions.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:22 PM   #40
kiddrinkingfire
Eskimo Friend

Goddamn bittorents + Halls of residence firewalls. Thanks for the speedy up of the recording though. Can't believe he played Toffee Pop, woah-a-a-a. And so on.
kiddrinkingfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 04:07 PM   #41
AllThatLies
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Certainly not you... in fact, after I posted this last night (after a very very long & draining day with my mom fighting for her life on an operating table) I realised that I should include a disclaimer that this was NOT directed at you, but I simply was too damn tired.... It's obvious you know what you're doing.... and I can't thank you enough for your continued efforts.

Apologies if my post was offensive to you, it was not intended to be... being somewhat of an audiophile myself, I'm a purist, and have strong convictions.
no worries, i just found it funny
Old 11-16-2006, 07:22 PM   #42
jonjin
Eskimo Baby

Quote:

Just had the time to listen to this... sweeet, good quality recording. Would be a shame to have it mp3'ed

JJ - another audiophool
jonjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 10:56 PM   #43
FightthegdFight
Eskimo Regular

Default Thank You

Thank you so much for posting this show up. I am in the process of downloading it now after reading up a little on torrents and downloading a program called Azureus (Sp?)

I was at the show myself, just curious, where were you located in the crowd?
FightthegdFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 09:31 PM   #44
ste_swann
Stupidest Eskimo

Would anyone be so kind and re-seed this? Cause I'm still having trouble with the second half of it...thanks
ste_swann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 11:20 PM   #45
AllThatLies
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ste_swann
Would anyone be so kind and re-seed this? Cause I'm still having trouble with the second half of it...thanks
there is no need to "reseed" anything. there are still 22 seeds on the torrent.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:21 PM   #46
AllThatLies
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightthegdFight
Thank you so much for posting this show up. I am in the process of downloading it now after reading up a little on torrents and downloading a program called Azureus (Sp?)

I was at the show myself, just curious, where were you located in the crowd?
"Location: Mics 90* near speaker stacks"

i'll give a little more info and say on one of the raised side sections. i'd prefer not to give any more detail than that.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:29 PM   #47
yankphin21
Eskimo Friend

As i am behind a very intense firewall at uni, i am unable to use bittorent for downloading. Can some kind soul perhaps put this show up on the live music archive? Any help would be great thanks.
yankphin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 05:40 PM   #48
kiddrinkingfire
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankphin21
As i am behind a very intense firewall at uni, i am unable to use bittorent for downloading. Can some kind soul perhaps put this show up on the live music archive? Any help would be great thanks.
I, with much hope but not too intense pressure, second this request.
kiddrinkingfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 07:53 PM   #49
damosmymuse
Eskimo painter

Default help

a quick question about torrents...

so this was my first time using torrents, and i have done well so far, i converted the /flac's to .wav files... and am able to then import them into my itunes...

HOWEVER... there is a storage issue on my Hard drive.
i was wondering, if now that i have converted them, if i need to keep the HUGE .flac files... or can i DELETE the /flac files... an djust keep the .wav files...

and then, onc ei import them into ITUNES, can i delte the .wav files as well?

please help. any help would be appreciated

ALLTHATLIES!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH. this is a truly pristine recording and i, like anyone else who has dl'ed it, thank you very much.
damosmymuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 08:24 PM   #50
ste_swann
Stupidest Eskimo

Quote:
there is no need to "reseed" anything. there are still 22 seeds on the torrent.
You know what? I'm stupid. The torrent that's not working is another gig from this year but different months and i thought that it was the el rey one...which actually finished and worked perfectly yesterday evening...so sorry for showing my stupidity once again and thanks a lot for posting it, it's amazing

Ste
ste_swann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 10:02 PM   #51
AllThatLies
Eskimo Regular

to those that are requesting archive, the simple answer is NO.

the more complex answer is that damien has a (in my opinion) bull**** policy that doesn't allow any song that isn't on an official album to be hosted on archive meaning the medley, toffee pop, etc would need to be removed from the recording and, well, that is not happening. technically the policy says not to share or spread the songs at all, but i must have missed that part

Last edited by AllThatLies; 11-20-2006 at 10:08 PM.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:04 PM   #52
AllThatLies
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by damosmymuse
a quick question about torrents...

so this was my first time using torrents, and i have done well so far, i converted the /flac's to .wav files... and am able to then import them into my itunes...

HOWEVER... there is a storage issue on my Hard drive.
i was wondering, if now that i have converted them, if i need to keep the HUGE .flac files... or can i DELETE the /flac files... an djust keep the .wav files...

and then, onc ei import them into ITUNES, can i delte the .wav files as well?

please help. any help would be appreciated

ALLTHATLIES!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH. this is a truly pristine recording and i, like anyone else who has dl'ed it, thank you very much.
flac files are smaller than wav files. if you keep either, keep the flacs and find a plugin that will allow you to play them. if you import into itunes and then delete what you imported you will be left with nothing. burn the flac files to a cd/dvd for backup purposes, then convert to wav, and then convert to 256 or higher mp3 if really needed to help with hd space issues. that's my suggestion
Old 11-20-2006, 10:25 PM   #53
damosmymuse
Eskimo painter

i figured it out.
but thank you very much for the help.
and thanks again.
the recording sounds fantastic.
SHUTTER SOUND OFF!
damosmymuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 06:05 AM   #54
1mug
Eskimo Friend

yeah, thank you soo much. I was there, and that live version of cold water blew my mind when I was there. Literally, i think hearing that was the closest i've been to enlightenment. I'm so glad to be able to relive this concert experience once again. Fantastic.
1mug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 08:46 AM   #55
Irish
Eskimo Baby

Hello, I'm new to torrents and everything. I downloaded the whole thing via Azureus... I think the files are done. But I can't put them in iTunes. Can someone here give me a step-by-step as to how I put the files on my computer so I can play them?
Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 09:07 AM   #56
Willi Shrinx
Eskimo Baby

Default Thanks Koch

Thx to Jon for the great recording, especially for us eskimos in the Alaskan region who probably won't get the chance to see Damien play live - without circumnavigating.

By the way - I flac'ed it, Xact'ed it, and enjoyed it with a nice Chardonney.
Willi Shrinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 07:38 PM   #57
Tinkabell74
Eskimo Regular

thank you soooooo much for sharing with us. cant wait to hear the show.
Tinkabell74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 01:22 AM   #58
Judaskin
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
technically the policy says not to share or spread the songs at all, but i must have missed that part
Thanks a lot for missing that part
Judaskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 04:19 AM   #59
1mug
Eskimo Friend

haha, i can hear myself "woooh!"

at 5:41 on the track 21 (The many-song medley), i give a wooh for Cross Eyed Bear. If you listen close enough, you can hear it.

wow, i'm preserved in a chapter of the Damien Rice legacy. How exciting.
1mug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 05:01 PM   #60
breadfan35
Eskimo Regular

My God this is a great show! That medley on Disc two is sooo great! Thanks so much!
breadfan35 is offline   Reply With Quote