Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 07:21 PM   #31
Rai
Eskimontologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheguevara6
I agree buddy. All we know is the official statement

DAMIEN DECIDED!!!

Thats the whole story right there. He told what happened in the statement.
So what?

"If you find you've got a dragon charging at you at thirty miles per hour snapping its teeth you can always drive it defensively through the covers"
Old 04-07-2007, 07:35 PM   #32
Calum
Eskimo Regular

This annoys me; people being "angry" at Damien for losing Lisa. I mean, it's his band, and he can do whatever he wants with it. Besides, none of us know what else could have been going on, perhaps there's a lot of private stuff happening, we have no idea, so stop speculating.
Old 04-07-2007, 07:43 PM   #33
Timeé
Intello

People please refrain from commenting on Lisa and/or Damien's personal lives.

It is absolutely none of your business what they do, who they see.

give it a rest.
A couple of bucks from you?
Old 04-07-2007, 08:01 PM   #34
julia
Eskimo Yogi..

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyaway
"Hello I'm Lisa,
talking to this American girl made me feel like I could live again, (Especially when I waved at her and she waved back) because Damien kicked me out of the band, and until the moment I met this American girl, I would have killed myself. My solo album is out in a week, Shane is getting married, and everything is Gary Lightbody's fault. Love and kisses,
Hannigan."
Thats about the gist of it.

:0)

lol.. cheers..
reading this thread makes me nauseous...

"There's something magical about music and the simple fact that it's a vibration of air. It's sort of magical if you vibrate the air in a certain way, people are pleased by it." Damien Rice
Old 04-07-2007, 09:35 PM   #35
Valentino
Eskimo Enthusiast

Wow, the number of sheep on this board is amazing. Look...I'm one with all of you when it comes to keeping personal matters private. I know that exposing every thread of detail of a performers life is not only uncalled for, but impossible. This however, was never my intention being that I simply copied and pasted what some Snow Patrol fan wrote a few days ago. All this information was out in the open for anyone to find and all I did was make it easy for you to do so. I've cited all the sources and even a link to both blogs (the second blog is the one that contains pictures with the fan, Lisa Hannigan and Gary Lightbody).

Now, it's obvious that many of you haven't even taken the time to strengthen your posts. Saying stuff like "can someone please paraphrase this for me," "it's irrelevant, uninformative, 14-year-old banter," etc etc. Hello!!! Did you even visit the second blog site? DUMBF*CK, the lady in the pictures with Lisa and Gary is obviously not 14 is she!!! "Well the official post reads so and so and that's the way it is cuz Damien said so." F*ck you. Don't even think that I'll believe for one moment that you think you're so cool about all this. It's easy to pretend you're on a particular side out of the fear that someone from the band is going to read this thread. Think for yourself for once.

Look, on a lighter note, Damien and his music have been a very integral part of my life as well. The last thing I would want to do is fill his reputation with slander and lies. And I agree that it's none of our business to know all the details behind this mess. But don't think for one second that while you sit on your fat a$$ behind your desk typing away that you're actually helping rid this thread of "nonsense." There are far more attention whores on this site than anything. And idiots like rai, bumpman and timee who think their some sort of "Eskimo Police." Come on guys, do you really think you're cool when trying to bully people on an online forum? We don't need to hear your every opinion so shut your mouth and speak only when you can contribute something valuable. Throughout all this, none of you have done anything to calm the rumors or speculations, if anything, you've ignited them.

When creating this thread, I never told anyone to believe a certain detail or anything like that. Notice how I left it for YOU to decide what may have happened. But come on, it's obvious that the girl is telling the truth since both blog sites parallel one another, the dates and times all check out, and they even have pictures to prove it. What else do you need?

Last edited by Valentino; 04-09-2007 at 08:10 PM.
Old 04-07-2007, 09:41 PM   #36
Cali
Vegetable Eskimo

let this thread die. it's stupid
Old 04-07-2007, 10:49 PM   #37
Moves-My-World
Eskimo Regular

I don't think it's infringing on the band members personal lifes, simply just trying to delve into what happened on the musical side. We don't know that Damien and Lisa are still not great friends, we don't know if Lisa and Gary are going out, we don't know what Lisa's cat is called, but frankly this thread isn't trying to work it out. Have anyone here ever heard of a saying "don't shoot the messenger?" Valentino is not asking us to hate Lightbody along with him. He's just reporting what he seems to see is a reliable source. When you look at most things we know about Damien, they don't come from what his official site says, it's from talking to him independantly and then reporting back via the internet. We first heard of Lisa splitting from a member of this site, who was immediately shot down (by me including) because he was spouting "gossip." Learn from your mistakes and simply just give someone a chance. If you don't like the thread you don't need to post in it.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:18 AM   #38
J.M.C
Eskimo

cheguevara6 do you have shares in Lisa? Your the one turning everything into what you want to hear, not us.

All you know is fiction, lets look at the facts

Lisa is not in the band anymore
Damien had the final choice because the Damien Rice (band) is him

and until you find out any facts your making yourself and this board look foolish.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:27 AM   #39
Miss Pink
Eskimo Regular

im sorry what????
Old 04-08-2007, 01:27 AM   #40
Nine
Inuit

thread lockage, please?
Old 04-08-2007, 01:29 AM   #41
Bumpman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentino
There are far more attention whores on this site than anything. And idiots like rai, bumpman and timee who think their some sort of "Eskimo Police." Come on guys, do you really think you're cool when trying to bully people on an online forum?
Look, no-one's trying to bully you, but this forum has been running quite well for the past five years on the principle that the band are real people, just like everyone else, and don't deserve to have aspects of their personal lives posted on the internet, or unfounded rumours spread about them. That's a rule, there's another against making personal attacks. So it's probably better that you don't start accusing people of being attention whores, dumbf*cks, idiots or 'sheeps'. Especially if the basis is simply that we don't agree with you.

Disagreeing is probably the most valuable thing that a person can do, it forces us to measure what we accept. I disagree with what you've posted for several reasons; A) those blog posts come from fans, there is absolutely no direct input from Lisa or the band. B) Damien and Lisa are very private about their lives, they probably wouldn't convey anything relevant to anyone they didn't trust. C) Lisa singing with Snow Patrol at a concert is absolutely no basis for you to blame Gary Lightbody for her wanting to be a solo artist or for her wanting to make her own album or play her own gigs.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:33 AM   #42
J.M.C
Eskimo

i'm done with this thread
Old 04-08-2007, 01:36 AM   #43
Bumpman

And I'm done with horrid smells.

Old 04-08-2007, 03:11 AM   #44
Valentino
Eskimo Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpman
Look, no-one's trying to bully you, but this forum has been running quite well for the past five years on the principle that the band are real people, just like everyone else, and don't deserve to have aspects of their personal lives posted on the internet, or unfounded rumours spread about them. That's a rule, there's another against making personal attacks. So it's probably better that you don't start accusing people of being attention whores, dumbf*cks, idiots or 'sheeps'. Especially if the basis is simply that we don't agree with you.

Disagreeing is probably the most valuable thing that a person can do, it forces us to measure what we accept. I disagree with what you've posted for several reasons; A) those blog posts come from fans, there is absolutely no direct input from Lisa or the band. B) Damien and Lisa are very private about their lives, they probably wouldn't convey anything relevant to anyone they didn't trust. C) Lisa singing with Snow Patrol at a concert is absolutely no basis for you to blame Gary Lightbody for her wanting to be a solo artist or for her wanting to make her own album or play her own gigs.

Okay let's get something clear. There was never a point in this thread where I felt bullied, period. The whole bullying thing came from me defending the very people who are always the target of your guys' counter-arguments, and also the very people who are defending my thread. You know, it's very easy to sit back and just write about how you disagree with what several people say even when you don't need to. And there have been many people who have expressed their frustration with these actions. And it really bothers me when people fail to properly investigate things for themselves. When I first read that blog entry I too felt suspicious. But I took the time to trace it back and see if everything fit, which it did.

You're acting as if you personally know Damien or Lisa. But perhaps the truth of the matter is that you're just like the majority of us and don't know either. In this way you are in no position to claim the characteristics of any band member by saying "Oh Lisa would never reveal something like that. She's very private about these things." Shut up.

And I know you have the right to disagree, but this isn't the reason why I focused my last post on you and the other individuals. How lame would that be on my part to simply disagree with you disagreeing with me??? Let's not resort to third grade logic here buddy. You say what you want and that's fine, I say what I want and that works too. By the way, it was a nice try on your part by trying to make me out to be the one bullying others. The words I used in my previous post in no way implied any sort of personal attack on anyone. I know the rules of this forum so I don't need a lecture from you Professor. Oh and "Horrid smells?" What a joke...you should try some Listerine before you speak next time.

Last edited by Valentino; 04-08-2007 at 03:18 AM.
Old 04-08-2007, 05:47 AM   #45
mucker
Eskimo Mucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic At Large
yeah i never bought that lisa was the problem. that makes me want to slap damien across the face. what a bast_rd
Art making, like law making, is something I've lived with and next to, and down the street from.....People are too close to the forest to see the trees.

Van Gogh was a silly manic-depressive twit who couldn't wipe his bum without Theo's permission. What a ponce John Lennon was, what a burn-out Syd Barrett was, what a depressing Git Nick Drake was, what a bloated addict Elvis was, Dylan's always been an ass in interviews, and Billie Holiday and Judy Garland were just Junkies....can we talk about Marianne Faithfull.....on and on and on.....

We try to remove ourselves. Art is not created by saints. Saints are inspired by the art of sinners and fallible gits.

Buddha and Jesus gently stroked the cheek of the madmen, the "sinners" and the seers, and found the heart.

Listen to the Music. That is all that will remain, at some point.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:19 AM   #46
sahika
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mucker
Listen to the Music. That is all that will remain, at some point.
definitely..

and to the one (sorry but I dont remember who) who has said 'if you dont like the thread, just don't post' ;
I think there is one point here which should be taken into account. being irritated by a thread, which is about private life of others, doesn't give you the same feeling with when you just 'don't like' the thread. In this case, I am really irritated by this thread which gives us the opportunity to do the worst thing, trying to talk about something which is not our business..that's why I need to post.. if I just dislike the thread or dont have anything to say about it, I just don't post..
thats all, I guess..

and valentino..I think it is appreciated the investigation you have done but maybe it would have been better if you kept the information to yourself because it is absolutely true that it is no way reliable..and it is not a personal attack on you when some others think that the thread doesnt make sense and it should be locked..if you just read the comments made after you have posted your first one, you will see why some of us think like this..nobody is trying to disagree with you, if I understand the whole thing correctly...
Old 04-08-2007, 08:49 AM   #47
Rai
Eskimontologist

Quote:
...in no way implied any sort of personal attack on anyone. I know the rules of this forum so I don't need a lecture from you Professor. Oh and "Horrid smells?" What a joke...you should try some Listerine before you speak next time.
What personal attacks?

As I've said before, no-one said that the blog-post is not tru, it simply says nothing. Two girls see Lisa after a Snow patrol concert in the company of Gary. This means nothing, I saw Bob Geldof with Queen+Paul Rodgers after the concert of the latter in my hometown and this does not mean that he dates Brian May. Then, the hysterical one ask Lisa wat happened, and the answer is that she is sad because of it (in the other (the rather written than screamed) blog there is nothing about Lisa 'hearing it'), and she also tells that Shane is getting married. Finito. The rest is speculation, which does not belong here, because it is intrusive and leads to nowhere. Our criticisms of the horrid style of the text were not directed at its truth value, only stated that it is really messed up.

Also, of the other blog: It writes things like: "I immediately thought, "What the hell did Damien do?" Because, let's face it, Lisa is an angel." and "even if Damien didn't do anything I still refuse to blame Lisa." Not exactly a Photo Reportage by Robert Capa, eh? Its not false, only subjective and therefore, not 100% true.

"If you find you've got a dragon charging at you at thirty miles per hour snapping its teeth you can always drive it defensively through the covers"
Old 04-08-2007, 10:03 AM   #48
Hendrik
Teddy Daniels

Rai, I LOVE YOU, wanna marry me!? I can tell by the tears in your eyes, that you want it, too! What did you say? I am groping you? Oh, sorry, didn't notice that - it's just that I'm soooo excited, honey!! *gets his hands back under control again*
Old 04-08-2007, 11:23 AM   #49
Timeé
Intello

Quote:
You're acting as if you personally know Damien or Lisa. But perhaps the truth of the matter is that you're just like the majority of us and don't know either. In this way you are in no position to claim the characteristics of any band member by saying "Oh Lisa would never reveal something like that. She's very private about these things." Shut up.
no, he's acting like he knows the forum guidelines. Have you read them? . I was merely pointing out the rules.
A couple of bucks from you?
Old 04-08-2007, 11:32 AM   #50
flyaway
Eskimo Geek

Where have all these new people come from? Have they just signed up for this "debate"? Jees, I go away for a day...
Old 04-08-2007, 12:41 PM   #51
Livo
Eskimo Frames Expert

god this board has gone to the dogs......
Old 04-08-2007, 03:25 PM   #52
Cali
Vegetable Eskimo

you see naomi? you can't leave

henders, you always crack me up
Old 04-08-2007, 04:49 PM   #53
peterj
eskimo friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyaway
Where have all these new people come from? Have they just signed up for this "debate"? Jees, I go away for a day...
i know huh its crazy
Old 04-08-2007, 06:06 PM   #54
Rai
Eskimontologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrik
Rai, I LOVE YOU, wanna marry me!? I can tell by the tears in your eyes, that you want it, too! What did you say? I am groping you? Oh, sorry, didn't notice that - it's just that I'm soooo excited, honey!! *gets his hands back under control again*
Now this was scary

Old 04-08-2007, 06:13 PM   #55
shyatt3
Eskimo Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai
Now this was scary

Hahaha, I like it.
Old 04-08-2007, 07:09 PM   #56
administrator
forum administrator

ok, everyone calm down

please refrain from name calling... it doesn't help anyone's argument... and it's against the forum rules...

i don't want to close any threads, so please let's all be respectful of each other and of damien and lisa...

sometimes when threads go a bit mad, it's better to just let them die...

thanks everyone

Old 04-09-2007, 05:24 AM   #57
cheguevara6
Eskimo Friend

All I am saying is that to suggest that the blog poster is some crazy fanatic or stalker is absurb. They posted that they met lisa. I saw the blog and I mentioned it in a few threads. Then the starter of this thread posted it on this board in its entirety which is valid and fair.

I just dont understand why their is such resistance to the blog post. Read some reviews of shows. People all the time on this board say they met damien, and some pass on to us info about what damien said. Several people here posted that they met damien in one of the most recent shows and they talked about what damien said. A few of these posters had pictures of them and damien, but a few didnt. Yet I never remember anyone in those threads calling the posters liars or saying that damien never said that.

To suggest the obvious isnt wrong, its right.

People dont just leave bands 30 minutes before the show, and decide spur of the moment, "I am going to quit the band". Lisa didnt do that. As I said before, if she wanted to quit and go solo, fine, thats her perogative, but to suggest that she decided this after attending soundcheck is absurd. She shouldnt have even attended soundcheck if that was the case. If you are a basketball player in the NBA, and you want to quit and play in CBA or ABA or whatever, do you attend a pregame warmup, and then quit 30 minutes before a game on game day?

And plus, if Lisa quit to go solo and it was her choice why wouldnt the decision be mutual and friendly? Why wouldnt she just say "damien, and vyvienne, and tomo etc...: I decided to quit to go solo". Why would band members be reluctant to talk about this so called mutual decisions at the gigs? Why would Vyvienne not want to talk about lisa "quitting" when a fan asked her about it.

To believe the official statement is to believe that lisa quit and that it was a cordial goodbye. Yet band members refusing to address it is odd, and Damien's behavior at shows, when he says "we all have personal lives and although I wish I could be open with you all, I cant be open and I want to remain private" thats a paraphrase of something he told the audience the other day when someone asked "where's lisa". Let me ask, Does anyone think he would say that if they both cordially and mutually and friendly like agreed she should go solo. No, HELL NO! You say that if she was fired.

The official statment is laughable, and it says the obvious "damien decided". It doesnt say "lisa quit to go solo". It doesnt say that. It says "damien decided". How can the decision be agreeable and mutual if its damien who decided she should be out of the band.

All I know is that the decision is clear. He kicked her out. People can act like something else happened but your only kidding yourselves.

Damien has always seemed very cordial and kind to lisa. Which makes his recent behavior and the statement all the more suspect.

And the question remains, if Lisa went and quit the band to go solo, why wouldnt damien just say that. Why not say, "Damien and Lisa decided she should work on her solo career".

Why not adress the crowd and simply say "hey lisa quit, she went to go solo".

When Damien said to the band at a recent gig "I dont know where lisa is", and he went looking around for her, and people in the audience said the band members looked rather uncomfortable, you honestly believe the band members would act that way if she and damien didnt have some kind of blow up and she was kicked out. Why act sheepish and embarassed if she quit and went solo? Whats the shame in that. The shame is that she was kicked out and the band members felt embarassed Damien was acting so nonchalant about it.

Why didnt Vyvienne talk about where lisa was at a recent gig? Why didnt she just respond "Lisa quit to go solo"?

Lisa was kicked out. End of story. I love how people on this board act like Damien does no wrong. He is a fantastic musician and lyricist, his music is great, but come on, he's not god. He makes mistakes, and his most recent is kicking out lisa. The songs arent the same without her. Plain and simple.

I dont like lies personally. And to act like this decision was some warm decision where lisa said to damien "I am quitting to go solo, but we should still remain friends" thats absurd and childish thinking. The decision wasnt like that.

At the very least the bands behavior since suggests something suspisous. Whats the harm in Vyvienne or Damien telling us the decision was friendly and mutual?
Old 04-09-2007, 05:36 AM   #58
cheguevara6
Eskimo Friend

lastly, I found lisa's thank you to the board heartfealt and nice. But did anyone flash to one of those statements divorced celebrites release. Like "thank you to the fans for the support and kindness and respecting our privacy at this difficult time". You hear that all the time. Why release a statement like that if you quit the band willingly.

She was forced out, and its silly to suggest otherwise.

Again, why did lisa attend soundcheck if she was going to quit. Simple question. I havent found a good answer from any apologists on this board. Secondly, if she was going to quit, why not call Damien and the band before the show and then not attend the show at all.

You dont attend a warmp up and quit, just as you dont as I pointed out before, attend a football or baseball warmup (if you are a sports star), yet quit 30 minutes before show time.

Why quit 30 minutes before show time? Why not call in and not go at all?

Anyone willing to offer some explanation.

And come on people, you all have to listen to music besides Damien. You have to know people dont behave like that unless they are kicked out. Simple facts people.

If Jack Johnson's drummer appeared at a Berkeley soundcheck, and didnt play the actual show, you may wonder whats up. You may assume he had a family emergency or whatever. Now say the drummer doesnt show up to the next soundchecks or next shows at all. Isnt it fair for fans to wonder what happened? Isnt that fair. Next Jack Johnson releases a statement saying "Jack has decided that the drummer of his band is no longer needed creatively in this band". What would the casual or longtime fan assume? What is a natural reaction. I would flat out assume he was kicked out of the band.

You people act so naive and downright childish. He kicked her out, admit it, and lets move on. Lets not drag this out. All Damien or Vyvienne or Tomo have to say is Damien and Lisa had a fight and Damien kicked her out. It would shut me up. And it would shut others up who are calling this official theory complete crap and poppycock.

Its a fantasy you all bought into. Damien isnt Jesus Christ. He made a mistake, admit it and move on goddamnit.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:55 PM   #59
Hendrik
Teddy Daniels

Quote:
Why would Vyvienne not want to talk about lisa "quitting" when a fan asked her about it.
Cos she could get into serious trouble with Damien.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:58 PM   #60
Fool
Eskimo Fool

Quote:
You people act so naive and downright childish. He kicked her out, admit it, and lets move on. Lets not drag this out.
In my opinion, you're one of the people dragging this out.
Closed Thread